Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2019 e-tron prestige black and okapi brown interior. I cannot handle rattles and need a quiet ride and having been in Model X many times I could not handle the noise and rattles. I realized I needed a luxury car first and electric drivetrain is second so I would not have liked the Model Y as well. Since the current leases and deals were good, I cancelled the Y that was ready for delivery and pulled the trigger on the e-tron after a couple of test drives. I am a current Audi owner (have an S5 Sportback) so loyalty saved a little.

My biggest influencers to get the first EV are: 1) lease deals with the current discounts 2) ride comfort, low noise levels, other Audi features like B&O etc 3) ability to drive like a regular car without one pedal operation. Honestly if there was no substantial discount I would have gotten an SQ8/Q8 for that money. But after e-tron I might continue having one EV for sure.

Been couple days and 150 miles and I average around 2.3-2.5 Miles/KWh mostly short trips. Yes, I cannot push this hard in the corners ( I will use my S5 to do that) but the power delivery is smooth and the ride with air suspension is as good or better than any other SUV I have been in. If you are not worried about having a little lower range and don't need auto pilot and party tricks, the e-tron is a much better car that you will like and with the current discounts on 2019 e-trons I feel its a no brainer if you want to get a luxury EV at a low entry point.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Around here, I think you'll find you are far from alone with that line of thinking! Many folks, including myself, went through the exact same intelligent purchasing process. I quite literally canceled my Model Y order while signing the paper-work on the E-Tron.

In either case, welcome to the forum! Be sure to post some pics if you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got a 2019 e-tron prestige black and okapi brown interior. I cannot handle rattles and need a quiet ride and having been in Model X many times I could not handle the noise and rattles. I realized I needed a luxury car first and electric drivetrain is second so I would not have liked the Model Y as well. Since the current leases and deals were good, I cancelled the Y that was ready for delivery and pulled the trigger on the e-tron after a couple of test drives. I am a current Audi owner (have an S5 Sportback) so loyalty saved a little.

My biggest influencers to get the first EV are: 1) lease deals with the current discounts 2) ride comfort, low noise levels, other Audi features like B&O etc 3) ability to drive like a regular car without one pedal operation. Honestly if there was no substantial discount I would have gotten an SQ8/Q8 for that money. But after e-tron I might continue having one EV for sure.

Been couple days and 150 miles and I average around 2.3-2.5 Miles/KWh mostly short trips. Yes, I cannot push this hard in the corners ( I will use my S5 to do that) but the power delivery is smooth and the ride with air suspension is as good or better than any other SUV I have been in. If you are not worried about having a little lower range and don't need auto pilot and party tricks, the e-tron is a much better car that you will like and with the current discounts on 2019 e-trons I feel its a no brainer if you want to get a luxury EV at a low entry point.
Congrats on your etron. I’m in Dallas too and realized the same as you....the Tesla Model Y just could not compare to a ‘car’ like the Audi etron...so I canceled the Y order and haven’t thought twice about it. Weirdly enough, I was eyeing the 2021 Audi S5 Sportback...but in the end I embraced the future of battery technology. Congrats again!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congratulations @kk2002! Welcome to the club. I'm glad more people are realizing that there are better EV options than just defaulting to Tesla.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m also in Dallas! Checkout the Texas Light Duty incentive program, I got a check for $2500 :)

Funny enough I traded in a 2018 Audi S5 Prestige Cabriolet for the Etron. I miss having a convertible but I love the Etron.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m also in Dallas! Checkout the Texas Light Duty incentive program, I got a check for $2500 :)

Funny enough I traded in a 2018 Audi S5 Prestige Cabriolet for the Etron. I miss having a convertible but I love the Etron.
Congrats on your new etron! Thanks too for the Texas incentives notice. I’m glad Texas is a little bit progressive with it!

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
It's a bit surprising how many grants are still left for that Texas EV incentive program. It's been up for a year and they still seem to have plenty left-over. At present, their website shows 1,358 remaining out of 2,000. It only applies to new vehicles, so my E-Tron wasn't applicable, but our Niro EV was. Quite a bit of paper-work, but certainly worth it.

Even the Kia dealer didn't mention it. But I guess since it doesn't include Tesla, it's just flying under the radar for many folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Nice did not know this thanks for letting us know... the dealer said they did these forms for some staff that purchased the etrons. I am on a 2 year lease so will be 1665 instead of 2500. Will send the paper work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree. I find 200 mi is more than adequate for 99% of my driving and the fit and finish is hard to top. As always, I am impressed with how much thinking goes into an Audi. I constantly find new little features the make life a little easier. Hopefully, cars like the e-tron will nudge Tesla to start making cars instead of batteries with wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts