Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stopped at a light today and had an unnerving experience. I was sitting at a red light changing podcasts via Apple Carplay and was having trouble getting the podcast to play. The MMI was responsive, but nothing was working. The light turned green and I pressed the throttle and...nothing. The car was on, and there were no alerts/warnings in the driver info system. I put it in N, then R, then back to D, and got no response of any kind--the car was just simply not going to move. I turned the car off, then back on, and normal function resumed.

I think someone else had an experience like this, but I haven't found it yet.

This is troubling, to say the least.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
348 Posts
were you using hold assist (where you depress the brake a bit farther than normal, release, and it will hold the car there until you hit the gas)?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Nothing different about this stop. It was like the throttle wasn't attached to anything. Pressing it did nothing at all.

Here's the other thread I mentioned earlier. Similar, except I got no alerts or warnings of any sort. I gotta be honest--this is pretty unnerving.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
348 Posts
i would also be very unnerved by this. i'd definitely bring it to the dealer to have them scan for any codes, unless you have a VCDS

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turned car off and back on. It took 5 secs, once I figured out what to do.

I can tell you it is a very weird sensation to press the throttle and have nothing happen while the car is on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was stopped at a light today and had an unnerving experience. I was sitting at a red light changing podcasts via Apple Carplay and was having trouble getting the podcast to play. The MMI was responsive, but nothing was working. The light turned green and I pressed the throttle and...nothing. The car was on, and there were no alerts/warnings in the driver info system. I put it in N, then R, then back to D, and got no response of any kind--the car was just simply not going to move. I turned the car off, then back on, and normal function resumed.

I think someone else had an experience like this, but I haven't found it yet.

This is troubling, to say the least.
Have you taken the car to the dealer? Let them check the Log, there should be a record showing some unnormal or red flag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This happened to me once also. It was a time when I sat at a long red light. I think I was sitting at the light for 3 minutes or more. It's like the car decided it had been sitting still too long so sort of shut down. The MMI was on and it looked like I could go but it wouldn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me once also. It was a time when I sat at a long red light. I think I was sitting at the light for 3 minutes or more. It's like the car decided it had been sitting still too long so sort of shut down. The MMI was on and it looked like I could go but it wouldn't.
Same thing happened to me twice>car at dealer and i have been told audi is aware of the problem but do not how to fix it yet...engineers working on a fix....VERY DANGERPOUS SITUATION

1 - 10 of 10 Posts