Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealer this morning so that a mechanic could look into a broken sensor on the tailgate. Got the car back, drove to work and at the end of the day drove home. No need to charge.

Upon getting home, I plugged the car into my wall mounted EV box (11kw). The light on the box went red (Is normally blue). The car‘s charging port did nothing except locked to the cable. The app kept reading ready to charge but no actual charge.

After waiting half an hour for a miracle in disbelief and terror, I tried my neighbor‘s wall box and a public wall box. Same result, no charge. Also drove to a 50kw charger, there the light on the E-Tron’s charging port turned red. Still no charge. Finally, I tried the ultra slow wall plug cable supplied with the car and plugged it into the mains of my garage. Hey, that worked.

Luckily I have 100km of range left so I can drive back to the audi dealer tomorrow first thing. I hope they can figure out what is wrong, Can’t help thinking the mechanic looking for the faulty sensor that morning may have done something.

Have had the car barely 2 days so hope it is nothing complicated. Anyone here run into a similar problem or have a view on a possible fix? Appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ashamed to report this was not a car issue but a nervous new EV-er! On the same day the dealer had checked my car, the app for fast charger had been overhauled and required a new login, and... my lease company had decided to block my EV-tag/account. This morning I was able to confirm the last point by phoning the lease company (they could not be reached last night) and asking them to unblock it. All works fine now.
Oh well, I guess the trials and tribulations of taking my first steps into this brave new world!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts