Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into my GT today and once CarPlay connected, all I saw on the screen was this:

Audio equipment Font Gadget Electronic device Camera

There was no way of dismissing the message, so CarPlay was unusable. It played the songs from my phone fine, but I couldn't access Spotify or any other app from the console. Switching off the ignition and turning it back on again while I was still in the car didn't help. (Come to think of it, maybe I should have held down the stop button for a while?) When I finished my journey, I got out, locked the car, unlocked it and started it up again, and now CarPlay is working fine again.

Has anybody else seen this, and if so, do you know how to get CarPlay working again without having to get out of the car? (Googling the message brings up nothing.) It would be nice to know for future reference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What we have to do to get these things to reboot is ridiculous. After decades of having computers control everything you'd think that auto manufacturers would have installed a reboot button by now. Or at least a Ctrl-Alt-Dlt. Having to get off the freeway, step out of the car, and get back in doesn't quite seem like the most elegant solution...but then I'm not an engineer so who knows... :-(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts