Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have a Mythonos Black Etron. Since black colour catches alot of swirl marks and hairline scratches I was thinking getting it ceremic coated. What are other benefits of ceremic coating? and those of you who have got ceremic coating done, would be great if you could share your pictures.

Also I read some where , that one guy got it ceremic coated from some place, and the people who did the coating managed to get moisture inside the batteries which caused trouble.

so what are your thoughts on ceremic coating The Etron ? I just bought a brand new car, so if I decide to go for it, should I get it done straight away or maybe wait for a year or so and then get it done once the car is a little old and losing is shine? Thoughts ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ceramic coatings have been the craze in the car detailing world since the 2015s. The latest rage is graphene coatings.

Professional results/durability: Glassparency Graphene Coating is excellent, but personally, I had some issues leveling it properly.

Easy to use topper: Gold Eagle 303 Graphene Nano Coating Spray- 6 months+ durability, but not the same druability results as a "real coating". 303® Graphene Nano Spray Coating - Gold Eagle

Ceramic: are you planning to pay a pro? you will need proper paint correction to remove the swirls (aka wash induced damage) before sealing it. C Quartz Finest is an excellent product. Paint Correction San Diego | Elite Finish Detailing | Luxury Car Wash San Diego

But it doesn't look like you're in the US so I suppose it depends on what's available to source to you.

Enjoy your mythos black metallic!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ceramic coatings have been the craze in the car detailing world since the 2015s. The latest rage is graphene coatings.

Professional results/durability: Glassparency Graphene Coating is excellent, but personally, I had some issues leveling it properly.

Easy to use topper: Gold Eagle 303 Graphene Nano Coating Spray- 6 months+ durability, but not the same druability results as a "real coating". 303® Graphene Nano Spray Coating - Gold Eagle

Ceramic: are you planning to pay a pro? you will need proper paint correction to remove the swirls (aka wash induced damage) before sealing it. C Quartz Finest is an excellent product. Paint Correction San Diego | Elite Finish Detailing | Luxury Car Wash San Diego

But it doesn't look like you're in the US so I suppose it depends on what's available to source to you.

Enjoy your mythos black metallic!
beautiful! I have the same rims. Yes I’m planning to pay a professional. Not my cup of tea to do it myself.

im Really inclined to do so, but I heard some horror stories regarding the ceremic coating which is why Im kinda off from it.

1) I head one guy managed to get moisture in the batteries somehow during the process. He had got it done from a professional

2) I’ve heard one guy ruined his back screen amd another his windshield, as the ceremic coating dripped from its roof onto both areas. And both are irrepairable. Both guys got it done from a professional.

thanks for the video tag. So have you yourself tried both the ceremic coating and the grapheme coating? what’s your take on them.nis graphene coating wodely being used in the US, just like ceremic coating? Or is it still a niche as of now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
beautiful! I have the same rims. Yes I’m planning to pay a professional. Not my cup of tea to do it myself.

im Really inclined to do so, but I heard some horror stories regarding the ceremic coating which is why Im kinda off from it.

1) I head one guy managed to get moisture in the batteries somehow during the process. He had got it done from a professional

2) I’ve heard one guy ruined his back screen amd another his windshield, as the ceremic coating dripped from its roof onto both areas. And both are irrepairable. Both guys got it done from a professional.

thanks for the video tag. So have you yourself tried both the ceremic coating and the grapheme coating? what’s your take on them.nis graphene coating wodely being used in the US, just like ceremic coating? Or is it still a niche as of now?
As someone who likes DIY, I have done both C Quartz UK 3.0 on a few vehicles with fantastic results- much better when you have a capable assistant. Must have a garage for 48 hours to avoid moisture post application. I've dabbled with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating spray- also very easy to use with solid results.

I learned how to properly take care of black paint from the owner, Wes Waltz at Elite Finish Detailing down in SD when I was in training. www.elitefinsihdetailing.com. His waterless WashMist product is my goto "carwash". www.washmist.com Environmentally friendly and best for paints since the polymers float up the dust/debris and can be safely removed from the surface with deep plush microfibers to minimize/eliminate wash induced damage (aka swirl marks).

I follow Pan the Org, Apex Detailing, etc and Pan made the Glassparency Graphene product so easy to do. Unfortunately, my experience was not the same- however, I didn't have a climate controlled garage with proper LED lighting. The product was easy to apply- however, I had a very difficult time getting it to level properly. So bad that I ended up creating swirl marring with my Flex DA polisher with Meguairs M205/M105 combo on white and orange pads respectively.

Since you stated that your eTron has swirls- it takes some serious skills to properly paint correction- only certain high end detailers will have these skills/OCDness.

I ended up needing to have a high end detailing professional do a full 2 stage paint correction (ie remove the coating) from my attempts. They applied Polished Elevated as a topper. I went ahead and used 303 Graphene Nano Coating Spray afterwards. The 303 product is as easy as any product that I've ever used and no matter what you use on the paint surface- I highly recommend using that as a topper.

After a serious pro paint correction- as long as you have the abilities to clean properly, clay pain, you should be able to apply a real ceramic/graphene coating- and if you have the properly climate ctrl set up. C Quartz UK 3.0 is easy to do. GP graphene is easy to apply, but caution in the leveling. 303 graphene- is as easy as it gets.

[I will say that the GP graphene coating created the smallest/tightest water beads that I've ever seen- the surface was also so hydrophobic that you could immediately seen it's benefits. If I could have gotten it to level properly like Pan- it would have been the best product I've ever seen/used].

Graphene is the latest marketing niche term here in the US. It's only been available for a few months in the US and most detailers don't use/believe the hype at the moment. #YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts