Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My wife and I leased a 2021 etron. We had been charging it at home without a problem on our 240v. We went on a weekend trip and charged it on a 120v. Now, it won't charge on our home 240v. The green light is indicating that it is charging but nothing is happening. I "reset" the cable by holding down the 50%/100% button and it still doesn't work. We took it to Audi and they installed a system update/charged it on their system but it still doesn't charge at home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
168 Posts
Hi all. My wife and I leased a 2021 etron. We had been charging it at home without a problem on our 240v. We went on a weekend trip and charged it on a 120v. Now, it won't charge on our home 240v. The green light is indicating that it is charging but nothing is happening. I "reset" the cable by holding down the 50%/100% button and it still doesn't work. We took it to Audi and they installed a system update/charged it on their system but it still doesn't charge at home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
That sux. And the dealer was able to charge it on their charger? Did you witness that? Have you been able to charge at public chargers? Have you tried another car on your home charger? Any chance it just conicidentally has gone bad?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did you get any error message from the car? What does the App say when it is being charged? When mine had a coolant valve issue, it would charge at fast charge points but not at home. The App would show 8.8kW and a minute later drop to 0.9kW. When I took it in the first time, the couldn't find any issues as their location had a fast charger, they had it for a week doing troubleshooting and cleared codes. I drove it for a few days then when it got to @ 61%, tried to charge it and that is when I tracked the issues in the App. Took it back in and 29 days later got it back repaired. Most of the time was due to awaiting the part delivery. Gather info from the App, take screen shots, provide as much evidence on the issue as you can, that's what I did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. Yes, it charges on a public charger (ChargePoint) and the Audi dealership charger. Yes, another car charges on our home charger.
The app reads 0.0kW when trying to charge on the 240v at home.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
thanks for the replies. Yes, it charges on a public charger (ChargePoint) and the Audi dealership charger. Yes, another car charges on our home charger.
The app reads 0.0kW when trying to charge on the 240v at home.
Don't keep us in suspense! What home charger are you using? If it is not the compact Audi charger, does your charger unplug? Could you try charging your car with the Audi compact charger using the same 240V circuit?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I’m thinking the brick might not be set correctly or is broken. Do you have charge port on both sides of the car? Have you tried both? Some photos of the brick in use could give us some more info to assist. Worst case, see if Audi can loan you one to test at home to make sure it isn’t yours that’s bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're using the charger that came with the car. The car is currently in at the Audi dealer to figure out what is going on. Ironically, the loaner car was another E-tron and they forgot to give us the charger for it. Very discouraging.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did they forget or the person that had it previously forgot to put it back in the car? Remember, to the folks cleaning and getting the car ready, they aren’t checking for that. My service advisor didn’t want to give me another e-tron in case the issue was with my power supply or charge cable. I informed him I had mine in the car. Later, I called him to let him know it worked at my home and they had all the things that could be at fault.

They are humans and humans make mistakes. They are used to just looking for damage and making sure the vehicle has a full tank or charge in an EV’s case. I know when things aren’t going well, it’s easy to see things from a pessimistic point of view. Give them an opportunity to get things resolved for you. It sucks to be without your vehicle but you have another EV to drive and they will work to fix it. That’s why we have the warranty.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm a little surprised they did not just let you hook it up to your compact charger when pulled into the bay at arrival. I'm sure there must be a 120V outlet there to test it and for you to demonstrate your technique! That would give you a hint as to whether it is a house grounding problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know my dealer didn’t have a 240V receptacle to test mine, they had to take it to a sister dealer, Nissan, if I remember correctly, to test there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts