Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have my charger set to charge @ 12:00 AM. But on MyAudi app, it states that “ No mains power available” at this time (8:00Pm) Does that mean that I’m experiencing issues with the charger?
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Circle
issues Or does it mean that the charger in on “stand by”, and waiting for 12:00am? I know that this might be a stupid question to ask. But this is first Audi and fully electric car to own. Just got it today.
Thank you,
AudiVirgin

·
Registered
81 Posts
It sounds like your charger does not have power. I have used the Audi charger for 3 months and never seen that message. If you are using the supplied Audi charger, it should be lit. The car should have started charging immediately, unless you have enabled timer charging.
[Edit: I read your post again, and see that you are attempting to use the timer function.
If this is your first night with the vehicle, I would start simple. Turn off the tI er charging in the MMI and just charge it to your desired goal for tonight.]
perhaps you tripped a breaker?
Unlock the car and get in, the virtual cockpit display will tell you if the car is charging or not.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
107 Posts
What it likely means is that your charging station has a timer set.

Terminology note: The charger is what converts AC to DC to charge the battery.

The charger is this case is inside the car.

The thing on the wall is a charging station. It is basically a smart light switch...

If you said you had a charging timer set, I'd first think you set the timer in the car. Reading carefully, I think you mean your charging station has a timer set. Is this correct?

Reactions: acruxksa

·
Registered
81 Posts
What it likely means is that your charging station has a timer set.

Terminology note: The charger is what converts AC to DC to charge the battery.

The charger is this case is inside the car.

The thing on the wall is a charging station. It is basically a smart light switch...

If you said you had a charging timer set, I'd first think you set the timer in the car. Reading carefully, I think you mean your charging station has a timer set. Is this correct?
As @WetEV says, if you are using a non-OEM charging station with additional programming capabilities, you are adding yet another layer of complexity. Many owners use these with great success, but are you sure you want to tackle this on your first night? KISS. Walk, then run. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys/gals for your instant response. MyAudi app and dashboard now reads that it’s set to charge @ midnight. Just brought it home for the first and I’m just a little “paranoid”. Didn’t know that the connector locks on to the charging port until it’s charged. Still feeling this car out 😀 I appreciate all your quick response and insights!👍🏽Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thanks guys/gals for your instant response. MyAudi app and dashboard now reads that it’s set to charge @ midnight. Just brought it home for the first and I’m just a little “paranoid”. Didn’t know that the connector locks on to the charging port until it’s charged. Still feeling this car out 😀 I appreciate all your quick response and insights!👍🏽Thanks guys!
Also be aware that, depending on your settings, the connector may stay locked in the charging port if the drivers door is locked. Unlocking the door will release the cable. It is a safety feature primarily for public charging stations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To J Neal Cox,
I just recently realized that message shows up when the timer to charge the vehicle has not been reached (which makes sense). But thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts