Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought an Audi e-tron edition -1.

I charged the car via a podpoint home charge unit today, however, I could not get the charging cable to lock in place. I locked the car but the charging cable would not lock.

When pulled the charging it would come out even though the car was locked, anyone had the same issue? as this a security issue as anyone can come along and walk off with the cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I have just bought an Audi e-tron edition -1.

I charged the car via a podpoint home charge unit today, however, I could not get the charging cable to lock in place. I locked the car but the charging cable would not lock.

When pulled the charging it would come out even though the car was locked, anyone had the same issue? as this a security issue as anyone can come along and walk off with the cable.

Thanks
Hi
Does this happen on both sides ? Have you tried in settings switching the release after charging on and off to see if this works ?
Also might be worth checking to make sure that the manual release for the charger is working . The locking pin maybe stuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Audi assist came out this morning tested the charging port via diagnostic tools and it’s faulty so needs changing. The passenger side port works fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also might be worth checking to make sure that the manual release for the charger is working
I'd be careful here, the manual says that once this has been done, the car has to go to the dealership. The wording can be interpreted otherwise but probably best not to experiment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been wondering about mine. Just tried it out now. With the car locked and either charging or waiting to charge, I was able to release the cable by pressing the flap button. I would have thought this should not be possible. It happened on both sides. The cable is locked while charging or waiting to charge. You can hear the noise when the car releases the cable lock.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Are your keys in your pocket and do you have Advanced Key?

Reactions: pressurized

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just a thought that was all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
With the keys a few metres away from the car the cable could not be released. I tried again with the keys in my pocket and it released, then I tried once more with the keys in my pocket and it stayed locked.
Hmm, probably something to keep an eye on...

·
Registered
142 Posts
A friend with another e-tron (and without Advanced Key) tried and found that he could release the cable with they key in his pocket but not without.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts