Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an E Tron tonight. Right at home and tried to charge. The white light on the car continues to flash wait does not change colors. The box that connects to the wall has a green 50% I need the green stays steady or flashes tried multiple different things but I tried both sides charging. Nothing works can you get some help?

·
Registered
399 Posts
The white light flashes while the car is negotiating with the charger. A quick flashing green means the car is waiting for a timer; a slowly pulsing green means the car is actively charging. It sounds like your car is stuck in negotiations.

Are you trying to charge at L1 (120V standard outlet) or L2 (240V outlet)? Regardless, try pressing and holding the On/Off power button on the Charger box until the box switches from 50% to 100%. (The On/Off button is a dual action button for Power--quick press-- and for %--long press). If it won't stay switched, there may be something about your house circuit that the charger does not like. If you are trying to charge with L1, 50% at 120V is too low to start the charging. If that doesn't help, try another outlet. The charging system is pretty demanding on the quality of the circuit you are trying to use, especially with regards to grounding.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
15 Posts
Manual says:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up an E Tron tonight. Right at home and tried to charge. The white light on the car continues to flash wait does not change colors. The box that connects to the wall has a green 50% I need the green stays steady or flashes tried multiple different things but I tried both sides charging. Nothing works can you get some help?
I had the very same issue, and the reason was that 50% level on 120V (6A) is not enough to start charging. Pressing the power circle long enough enabled 120V/8A, and the car started slowly charging. I wonder if non-Audi mobile chargers would be able to charge the car with 120V/12A to get Level 1 charging at least quicker on NEMA 5-15 plug?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Switch the setting to 100 percent on the charging block and should work fine. should be button for that on block..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts