Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I literally just took possession of our new Etron 4 hours ago. I want to love it... but it is not off to a good start. The sales rep had charged it to 150miles range on a DC charger before driving it up to me. I took it for a spin and came home with 54 miles remaining for the range. I have had it hooked up to my siemen lvl 2 (30 amp) charger for 2 hours... and nothing. The range has not increased at all. The light is flashing green, and I hear clicking noises, but it doesn't actually seem to be charging. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,

I literally just took possession of our new Etron 4 hours ago. I want to love it... but it is not off to a good start. The sales rep had charged it to 150miles range on a DC charger before driving it up to me. I took it for a spin and came home with 54 miles remaining for the range. I have had it hooked up to my siemen lvl 2 (30 amp) charger for 2 hours... and nothing. The range has not increased at all. The light is flashing green, and I hear clicking noises, but it doesn't actually seem to be charging. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks!
Is it a slow pulsing green or a quick blinking green? If it is a quick blinking green then it is waiting on a timer. It will change to a slow pulsing green when the timer allows it to charge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar issue when trying to use my L1 charger- I got the quick pulsing green and it kept saying it was waiting on a timer ... I couldn’t get it to work.
any advice ??
I usually DC fast charge or L2 charge around town, but just wanted to try out the L1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar issue when trying to use my L1 charger- I got the quick pulsing green and it kept saying it was waiting on a timer ... I couldn’t get it to work.
any advice ??
I usually DC fast charge or L2 charge around town, but just wanted to try out the L1
I was able to get lvl 1 charging to work. I had issues like you did in the beginning as well with the “waiting on timer”.

to get around that, I went into the charging screen and swiped right across the battery bar. That leads you to a screen where you can set timers. You can set quite a few, but you only need to turn on one of them. Since level 1 charging is so slow I set it for a day in advance since it would take 72 hours to charge ~75%. Thus, the car new to start charging immediately. Hope that helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a slow pulsing green or a quick blinking green? If it is a quick blinking green then it is waiting on a timer. It will change to a slow pulsing green when the timer allows it to charge.
Slow pulsing green. Even says “charging” in the dashboard screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay this is insane. So I spoke to the sales guy about what is happening. I can conclude that he used a DC charger right before delivering the car. Since that DC charging, I have not been able to charge at all! Public lvl 2 (fail), home Siemens lvl 2 (fail), even audi provided lvl 2 (fail).

All the chargers, charge port, and dash indicators say that the car is charging. Only other thing I noticed is that I hear a clicking noise from under the hood. I am at a lost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they had my etron for about 5 days, but it was a holiday weekend. Either way brought it back today claiming everything was fixed. Still wouldn’t charge at a public lvl 2 or my house. New info though, I never thought to change the display on the Audi cockpit. When I did, it showed the charging in progress but I noticed there was 0 draw. It shows 0.0 kW. Everything else is lit green and Supposedly functioning. I am truly at a loss now ... any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was never able to get the charger to work (actually charge) when plugged into a standard house outlet (110v). I installed a 220v outlet and it works as advertised.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are using the Audi charger to try to do Level 1 charging, my experience was that when I plugged in the charger, the unit would switch to 50% and fast-flash green even though no timer was set. If that happens, hold the power button on the charging unit for several seconds until the indicator switches from 50% to 100%. Charging would then happen. My dealer said the low voltage, when operating only at 50%, fooled the charger into thinking a timer was set. I don't know about the Level 2 problems discussed here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my local dealer decided the next step would be to swap out the module regulating high voltage (lvl 2). Apparently there are separate ones for DC, lvl 2 range, and lvl 1? They said my situation was a first. Part is getting shipped from New Jersey supposedly, and will be without my vehicle for 2 weeks. If everything gets fixed properly, that would mean that I only got 1 day of use out of the first 3 weeks with my Etron =(

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my local dealer decided the next step would be to swap out the module regulating high voltage (lvl 2). Apparently there are separate ones for DC, lvl 2 range, and lvl 1? They said my situation was a first. Part is getting shipped from New Jersey supposedly, and will be without my vehicle for 2 weeks. If everything gets fixed properly, that would mean that I only got 1 day of use out of the first 3 weeks with my Etron =(
Any updates? Just got a new etron last only because we have lvl 2 at home yet it doesn't work and neither does their supplied charger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any updates? Just got a new etron last only because we have lvl 2 at home yet it doesn't work and neither does their supplied charger
Hows it going. It ended up being a module that regulates the lvl 2 charging needed to be replaced. Does your car make clicking noise? Can you trickle charge with lvl 1 (110 plug) ? Or can you DC charge? If you can charge with everything but lvl 2 you might have my issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts