Audi e-tron Forum banner

Charging Schedule

21K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Gunter 
#1 ·
I've owned my E-tron 55 Sportback a week.
I had a home charger installed today that I got free with the car. (Not a smart one)

Having issues trying to schedule a charge to match the cheap EV charging rates I get.

The car recognises it "Home" but disregards the times set to charge. The manual says it should automatically adhere to these.
I've read about starting the timer mode to solve this, but the car/charger just seem to cycle the charging process. (Which can't be good for either the battery or the charger)

Has anyone got any new information on this as all I can find is old threads?

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Another way of ensuring you only charge in the cheap time is to set up the preferred period as you have but then set the departure time to be far into the next day - say 17:00. The car will take all of the four hours of Go cheap tariff then pause. When you wake up, the car is unlikely to have started its second spell of charging to reach target and you can interrupt it. This maximises the amount of cheap electricity taken and maximises SOC without having to do any target calculations and adjustment before charging.

#41 ·
Hi All,

I'm going to switch to Octopus as my utility provider as Simplicity has went bust and i've no exit fees.
I'll be moving to the Go tariff once i get a smart meter installed.
Would anyone care to share their referral code, then we can both benefit from £50.

Cheers
share.octopus.energy/beige-lemur-152

Good choice, switch to Octopus Agile when weather warms up

#45 ·
So basically as my conclusion:

The geofencing setting with time preference for off peak charging doesn’t have an influence. Need to always use the timer for departure set at 7AM and if not a very depleted battery it will not start before 10 pm.
What i would expect as common sense :

- if i set preferred charging time on location and the car tells me it has detected and therefore activated geofence preferred time zone charging, I would expect it to do exactly that ! And not start immediately if no timer is set ! Does anyone agree with me?

Secondly: why i EVERY TIME AGAIN have to push the left icon before i get out of my car. I have an app which says it is active. But when I don’t additionally push the icon in the car its on in the app but not really on !? Why the **** i need an app for then.....

real situation :
I arrive wednesday 3pm. I dont plan to go to work thursday so i dont push the icon in the car.
at 7pm i get a message i need to travel thursday. I open the app but dont want to start charging on peak immediately so i activate a departure timer in the app for thursday 7AM.
but i have to go outside, get in the car. Start the car. Stop the car. Wait till the screen with the charging comes up, activate the button, only then open my door and go back inside. If i dint do this, the car would not be charged at 7 AM on Thursday.
Others do this too that way?

It drives me crazy that I cannot get it to work in a common sense way.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.