Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a podpoint charger and the car stops charging after a while with all charging lights going out on the car and a red light showing on the podpoint.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
Audi e-tron Sportback 55 Launch edition
13 Posts
Hi I have this same problem, I’ve been battling with Pod-Point for the last 5 weeks since install my Pod-Point charges briefly then stops solid red light, I’ve had 3 new circuit boards and then have now said it’s down to my supply , they said that the voltage is dropping too low down to 208 volts when the car is plugged in this causes the unit to fault for safety reason. I have queried this with them as it’s a new build house there is no evidence of voltage spiking in the property and my other charger a basic Rolec works absolutely fine, this is a 3 year old non smart charger. I will no more tomorrow as the DNO is coming out to check voltages, I’m at a complete loss with pod point, if voltages are ok they can come out and give me a full refund.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pod point are useless if my supplier checks the voltage tomorrow and it’s fine, they can come and take the charger away and I’ll stick with my old school Rolec.
when you call they will do the same thing software update after update these don’t fix the problem then said earth fault, now voltage fault there running out of excuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep - I suspect it will be a few phone calls to go through it. I got the installation as part of a lease deal so not sure exactly how a “refund” would work, but keen to sort it out as charging a 95kwh battery with a 3pin is taking a looong time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. I got mine charged to 60% but must short out depending on what else I have on in the house. Can you guys relate when it faults to having a a few appliances running?

I just got the etron on Thursday so still trying to get used to it all

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve purposely charged whilst having nothing on in the house it makes no difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts