Audi E-Tron Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Galaxy Blue e-tron for a couple of weeks now. It took me a moment to understand how the charging timer worked, but one I realized I have to click the button on the MMI charging timer dialog when I turn off the car it seemed to work fine, giving me a full charge when I woke up to go to work. I was able to repeat this consistently for about a week.

The last couple days however, I have set the timer, plugged in the vehicle, confirmed the quick flashing green light on the charge port that indicates waiting on timer, confirmed that the App also shows the car waiting on charging timer, only to wake up and find the car not charged. Night one it was still waiting (green light quick flashing) in the morning, and this morning the charging port light was just dark.

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't rely on the charging timer?

(FYI, I have not made any use of Advanced Charging Settings yet, I don't want to add another variable to the mix until I have the Timer sorted out and reliable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have never been able to get my car to charge on a 110v outlet. It always says 'Waiting for timer". I gave up and tried using the Advanced Settings, but no luck. I suspect a bug in the software.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When we first received our car we hadn’t completed a refit of our garage electric. We used the 110v lead to charge the car without issue. We did not attempt to use the timer function since the charge rate is so incredibly low (1.2kWH) one usually wants as much juice as possible. (If the OP is in the UK or Europe where rates vary with Time of Day then I fully understand your need).

That said, it did work without a problem when no timer was specified (I.e, immediate charging).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having similar problem. I have time of day set for HOME to 2005 hours to 1255 hours, the cheapest time for charging. Also set timer to charge by 0700 hours each day. However, when I plug in the charger, it ignores the time day setting and begins immediately charging even outside the HOME hours setting. Timer is on. Anyone else having same issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep mine does the same - whatever the setting in the car it just starts charging straight away when you plug it in .. if you go to the app and go to the charging section you can switch to timer mode .. this then seems to work correctly .. but a bit of a pain to have to do this every time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must enable the timer each time you want to use it. The enable step is immediately on turning off the car, a button is presented that you have to click, it hi-lights in red. If you miss the button presentation (it goes away in 15-30 seconds) then you have to use your phone to initialize timer, or cycle the power on the car.

That said, even having done this I had my issue of awaking to an uncharged car. I reset the time of departure to 6:01AM (from 6:00AM) and it has seemed to work better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep I did the same - pressing the button on the dashboard seemed to disable the charging.. so just use the app now to switch to timer mode if I want it on

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm
You must enable the timer each time you want to use it. The enable step is immediately on turning off the car, a button is presented that you have to click, it hi-lights in red. If you miss the button presentation (it goes away in 15-30 seconds) then you have to use your phone to initialize timer, or cycle the power on the car.

That said, even having done this I had my issue of awaking to an uncharged car. I reset the time of departure to 6:01AM (from 6:00AM) and it has seemed to work better.
I'm having the same issues getting it to charge at night when I've told it to charge, even when I arrive at home this pops up on my screen. Are you saying that I need to push the red banner to get it to work? It seems this would be the default setting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my Galaxy Blue e-tron for a couple of weeks now. It took me a moment to understand how the charging timer worked, but one I realized I have to click the button on the MMI charging timer dialog when I turn off the car it seemed to work fine, giving me a full charge when I woke up to go to work. I was able to repeat this consistently for about a week.

The last couple days however, I have set the timer, plugged in the vehicle, confirmed the quick flashing green light on the charge port that indicates waiting on timer, confirmed that the App also shows the car waiting on charging timer, only to wake up and find the car not charged. Night one it was still waiting (green light quick flashing) in the morning, and this morning the charging port light was just dark.

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't rely on the charging timer?

(FYI, I have not made any use of Advanced Charging Settings yet, I don't want to add another variable to the mix until I have the Timer sorted out and reliable.
I had the same problem and got help from Audi Care. I set the advanced charger settings and set it for my home address. I set the advance charger for a time greater than what I had on the timer. The reason as I understood it was due to the fact that the charger might need more time to charge.

So, my timer is set to charge by 5:00 am. The advanced timer is set to charge between 12-5 am. When I get home I go to The touchscreen. Pres the charging and efficiency button and then press the top of the charging screed (it has a clock with a number 1 in it).

I take my wall charger and wait until it turns green and then select 100% and the plug it into the car. It has worked faithfully every time.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Noticed the following interaction with the advanced timer and a scheduled departure timer. I have an advanced timer set for my work location between 6:00am and 4:00pm. I also have a departure timer set for 2:30pm Monday-Friday. I have experienced instances where the charge would start an appropriate time before departure but stop 10-30 minutes after charging. I have noticed for some odd reason that when I shut the car off and the MMI displays the timer it says 2:30am not 2:30pm. I re checked the actual timer settings and it says 2:30pm and the My Audi app says 2:30pm but the MMI choice when shutting off the vehicle says 2:30am????????? I have deleted the Advanced Location Timer and will see what happens.

Update: Advanced timer was not affecting the scheduled timer for work. This particular timer is in the 3rd position. If you re enter the time and back out to the shutdown screen the time is corrected. I will try putting that schedule in a different position next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts