Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Financial Times (paywall but one free read/day in most territories) is reporting that Audi CEO Markus Duesmann has told the newspaper in an interview that the company is putting 10,000 workers on furlough and cutting Q1 production because it has been unable to source sufficient computer chips for cars currently on the company's production line.

Other industry commentators have suggested that these workers are being laid off from the company's Ingolstadt plant however which produces the A4 & A5 models. Not sure whether Brussels will be affected.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!

When you say 'additional' do you literally mean added on to the (roughly) 6 months lead time experienced by other posters on here, ie 9 months to a year?

That really would be a long time for a car that is in main-stream production.

:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes at the moment, I'm told to expect further delays of upto an additional 6 months. Let's hope its not that long or I will be cancelling my order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got delay notification today too by 6 weeks to end May for original delivery date of 14th April. Expect still to be WFH and it to be mostly parked then so not too upset.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
6 months from now there should be a few new EVs on the market. Perhaps even the Q4 e-tron?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts