Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There
My Audi sales office clams that is impossible to mount the gate opender moduler as add-on after sales? I am so surprised? A module cost maybe 500$ when you ordre the car but not possible to mount after?

Is this really correct? Is there a work-a-round for having this feature?

Thx Br Klaus, Denmark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you saying the car did not come with HomeLink? I’m sure the dealer wouldn’t do it but the process is probably similar to the information at this other post:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had the garage door opener retrofitted on all four of my previous Audi's. I am also getting it done on my new e-tron GT. All at my local dealership. I would be extremely surprised if the etron SUV was different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it not available from the factory?
Not in the UK :( they have trim level packages that restrict almost all choice. On the top level trim I could choose my paint colour, alloys and interior inlays. The only other option are the ceramic brakes instead of the carbide. More options on lower trim but certain things are restricted to the higher levels such as acoustic glazing. Was disappointed I couldn't spec it with the panoramic sunroof tbh.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have had the garage door opener retrofitted on all four of my previous Audi's. I am also getting it done on my new e-tron GT. All at my local dealership. I would be extremely surprised if the etron SUV was different.
Horus, Keep us informed on this one, I for one would be really interested in such a retrofit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Horus, Keep us informed on this one, I for one would be really interested in such a retrofit.
Sure thing, its already been agreed to by the dealership :)

Just FYI, you can purchase the retrofit kit for the e-tron SUV here, KUFATEC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts