Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where was it when you picked up your car? In the front cubby with the cables, or somewhere else inside the car?

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
Where was it when you picked up your car? In the front cubby with the cables, or somewhere else inside the car?
Mine was in the front cubby with the cables. I've actually only just found it and am trying to work out if I need to lug it around in the car all the time or whether I can leave it at home. It also came with a wall mount and a lock mechanism too but I have the 7KW charger at home so don't really have a use for it, I guess it's ok for travelling to a relatives house over Xmas if we're allowed!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wow. When I got my Etron a year ago, there was no wall mount included for the charger. I use mine at home as my primary charging unit. Works quite well. If I need to take a long trip, I can just toss it in the frunk.

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
Wow. When I got my Etron a year ago, there was no wall mount included for the charger. I use mine at home as my primary charging unit. Works quite well. If I need to take a long trip, I can just toss it in the frunk.
How long does it take to charge on domestic voltage out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Standard house voltage here in the US is 120V AC. That Level 1 charging is supposed to take about 18 hours, I think, for a full charge. I've never done a full charge at Level 1. Using 240, Level 2, which is what I normally use. Since frequent, shallow charges are better for the battery, I have never done a "full" charge, but it is supposed to take about 8 hours, I think. I will typically recharge at my convenience to keep it in the 50 to 80% range.

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
How long does it take to charge on domestic voltage out of curiosity?
So in the Uk this will be 13a since that's the max a plug can take.

Watts = Volts x Amps, so 240 x 13 = 3,120 or 3.1kw.

So it will be just under half the speed of your 7kW charger.

My 7kW Pod Points adds about 17 miles for every hour charging, so this one will add about 8 miles every hour.

Warning: very rough figures!!

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
So in the Uk this will be 13a since that's the max a plug can take.

Watts = Volts x Amps, so 240 x 13 = 3,120 or 3.1kw.

So it will be just under half the speed of your 7kW charger.

My 7kW Pod Points adds about 17 miles for every hour charging, so this one will add about 8 miles every hour.

Warning: very rough figures!!
Im on a podpoint too, 7kw. At the moment the thing that’s baffling me a bit is the range, I charge it up and it’s only telling me I’ve got 138 miles on a full charge. Which is a bit worrying as I’m driving from Cardiff to Stoke next week

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
Im on a podpoint too, 7kw. At the moment the thing that’s baffling me a bit is the range, I charge it up and it’s only telling me I’ve got 138 miles on a full charge. Which is a bit worrying as I’m driving from Cardiff to Stoke next week
Check the car hasn't got a limit on the charging. Sometimes it is set to stop at max 80%.

I think as a general rule its good for battery life not to charge beyond this, except specifically when you know you have a long journey coming up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts