Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my e-tron on december 3, 2020 and it is, yet again, back at the dealership. The first time was for the drivers side charge port giving an error message and not charging, the second was for replacement of the brake booster which was making a creaking noise when I depressed the brake pedal, and now again for the same issue with the charge port. My CarPlay is finicky and has been from the first week I brought the car home. Each time I’ve brought it to the dealership they’ve tried to reproduce the problem to diagnose it, and of course it didn’t malfunction for them.

When they replaced the brake booster, they didn’t order all of the parts so instead of my car staying at the dealership for 1-2 days, it was there for 10.

Im getting really frustrated! I love the car but it’s had so many issues in such a short period of time. I want to keep the car but at some point I have to cut my losses and give up on it, because I can’t keep dealing with these issues. I’m concerned that it’s going to continue to give me problems, it’s a huge bummer. I’ve spoken to the dealership about filing a claim with Audi. I’m not sure if I’ve reached that point yet, and if I have, should I get another e-tron? Has anyone on this forum had purely positive experiences with their e-trons? I guess I’m not looking for advice in particular, just venting my frustrations.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Carplay seems to be finicky for a lot of people in Audi's and the first brake issue was complicated by the dealer, not the car. If these are the only problems you've had, can I have your car?

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carplay seems to be finicky for a lot of people in Audi's and the first brake issue was complicated by the dealer, not the car. If these are the only problems you've had, can I have your car?
Haha, yes I agree the brake problem was definitely exacerbated by the dealership and was not the cars fault BUT the issue with the charge port is concerning. The first time they said it was simply a software update that was needed, now it’s happened again so im not sure what’s going on. I’m just feeling discouraged at the moment. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever owned and it’s also had the most problems in the first few months of ownership! I’m crossing my fingers that this charge port issue can be remedied and I won’t have any others!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I’ve had no issues with CarPlay or the car itself, but with CarPlay it could be phone dependent. I have the latest IPhone FWIW.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
When I got my E Tron in 2019, I expected to encounter some problems, given all the technology involved. After all, Tesla has been trying for 13 years to get it right!

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
26 Posts
Wireless Carplay isn't very good in any car, sound cuts in/out, lag, black display. You really don't have a case against Audi until it's the same issue 3 times. Until that time use the **** out of the warranty. Does your dealer off vehicle pickup for service and dropoff?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully they will get it fixed for you. I dont think you would qualify for a buyback from any of those issues - typically has to be a significant issue that affects the operation or safety of the car. The brakes appear to have been fixed and the car has another charge port that it sounds like is working.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wireless Carplay isn't very good in any car, sound cuts in/out, lag, black display. You really don't have a case against Audi until it's the same issue 3 times. Until that time use the **** out of the warranty. Does your dealer off vehicle pickup for service and dropoff?
My Subaru had zero issues with wireless CarPlay in the two years I had it...

Yes they offer vehicle pick up, which has been super convenient but doesn’t fully make up for how much time I’ve spent dealing with the issues. Although, I’m realizing these issues are minor compared to what others are going through.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully they will get it fixed for you. I dont think you would qualify for a buyback from any of those issues - typically has to be a significant issue that affects the operation or safety of the car. The brakes appear to have been fixed and the car has another charge port that it sounds like is working.
I am not sure what I would qualify for but I’m speaking to someone at the dealership next week after they diagnose and hopefully fix the charge port issue. I can use the passenger side charge port but that’s only level 2. Not being able to use fast charging seems like a pretty serious issue to me...

But I love my e-tron so hopefully it gets fixed 🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
40 Posts
Jammy what country are you in? As far as I know, and I could be wrong, even though I work for an Audi Dealership, but I have not seen a US model with a second charging port on the Passenger side (Right Side on Left Hand Drive vehicles.) I know there's a Service action bulletin to correct issues with the Level 2 charger not operating correctly if there is water intrusion. There's also another one which is more informational that basically says charging will be interrupted if there's a scheduled cabin preconditioning. Many times the charging cycle will be interrupted if say the cabin conditioning that is set on a timer, e.g., heater turning on in the morning. There could just be a malfunction in the module.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Prestige, Glacier White Metallic
80 Posts
I am not sure what I would qualify for but I’m speaking to someone at the dealership next week after they diagnose and hopefully fix the charge port issue. I can use the passenger side charge port but that’s only level 2. Not being able to use fast charging seems like a pretty serious issue to me...

But I love my e-tron so hopefully it gets fixed 🤞🤞🤞
Hang in there! Not the easiest statement to make, given my own ownership emotional rollercoaster. I have owned multiple EV’s now and my experience with Audi still remains the best. I would encourage you to continue to work with your dealership. If they become unresponsive, then I would definitely engage Audi of America (AoA). Also, reaching out to AoA at anytime in your ownership can’t hurt anything. If they don’t know about the issues, they can’t fix them. I have been working with my dealership and AoA since my ownership experience began with the 2019 etron. As a result of not having a fix for my ACC, I ended up receiving a 15% trade credit towards the purchase of a new Audi. This credit was based on the purchase price of the new Audi. I purchased my current 2021 etron prestige. AoA has been calling me weekly to check-in on my experience and how the repairs are coming along. They have also taken the feedback that I have provided and actioned on it. I hope your repairs go well! I know how bad it is go without your etron, I just received mine back after 6 weeks. After driving a Q5 for a month and a Q8 for a couple weeks... there is absolutely no other car I’d rather drive then my etron. Please let me know if I can help.
🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jammy what country are you in? As far as I know, and I could be wrong, even though I work for an Audi Dealership, but I have not seen a US model with a second charging port on the Passenger side (Right Side on Left Hand Drive vehicles.) I know there's a Service action bulletin to correct issues with the Level 2 charger not operating correctly if there is water intrusion. There's also another one which is more informational that basically says charging will be interrupted if there's a scheduled cabin preconditioning. Many times the charging cycle will be interrupted if say the cabin conditioning that is set on a timer, e.g., heater turning on in the morning. There could just be a malfunction in the module.
Im in the US and I have two charge ports. The one on the US drivers side has L2 and L3, the one in the passenger side is just L2

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 2nd L2 charge port (passenger side) is available on 2021 etron suv and sportback premium+ and prestige models.

Reactions: etron702 and frios

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hang in there! Not the easiest statement to make, given my own ownership emotional rollercoaster. I have owned multiple EV’s now and my experience with Audi still remains the best. I would encourage you to continue to work with your dealership. If they become unresponsive, then I would definitely engage Audi of America (AoA). Also, reaching out to AoA at anytime in your ownership can’t hurt anything. If they don’t know about the issues, they can’t fix them. I have been working with my dealership and AoA since my ownership experience began with the 2019 etron. As a result of not having a fix for my ACC, I ended up receiving a 15% trade credit towards the purchase of a new Audi. This credit was based on the purchase price of the new Audi. I purchased my current 2021 etron prestige. AoA has been calling me weekly to check-in on my experience and how the repairs are coming along. They have also taken the feedback that I have provided and actioned on it. I hope your repairs go well! I know how bad it is go without your etron, I just received mine back after 6 weeks. After driving a Q5 for a month and a Q8 for a couple weeks... there is absolutely no other car I’d rather drive then my etron. Please let me know if I can help.
🤞🤞🤞
Thank you for the encouragement! My dealership is very responsive and they are trying their best, which has been the true silver lining in this situation.

It is really terrible going from the e-tron to a Q5, which is crazy because the Q5 is a pretty nice car. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, I will continue to hope that the issues are resolved! Congrats on getting your car back!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for the encouragement! My dealership is very responsive and they are trying their best, which has been the true silver lining in this situation.

It is really terrible going from the e-tron to a Q5, which is crazy because the Q5 is a pretty nice car. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, I will continue to hope that the issues are resolved! Congrats on getting your car back!!!
Thank you! I couldn’t agree more, but the etron is that good. Good luck and please keep us posted on your journey.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I actually went from Q5 to eTron and would not consider going back. There is no comparison between ICE and EV, no matter how many horses you get from ICE. The sheer comfort of eTron and ride smoothness alone will make me stay with this car for years to come. Yes, I will drive Q5 when and if I have no other choice, it is not a bad car, do not get me wrong. But there is a large chasm of ride comfort between them

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry about the issue, it’s not fun to experience these things however, they do occur on all manufactured products, it sucks when it is affecting you. Give them time to resolve it.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about the issue, it’s not fun to experience these things however, they do occur on all manufactured products, it sucks when it is affecting you. Give them time to resolve it.
Yes it’s true that there can be issues with all sorts of products that we buy, I guess I just didn’t expect to have so many issues so quickly...with an $80k Audi!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lol, price doesn’t matter, it can happen at any price point. Back in 2000, my A4 computer died once I got it home, after taking delivery. Took them a couple of weeks to get a new one in, I figured it was a simple thing to pull one out of another vehicle but something about parts being coded to each vehicle. Got an A6 to drive around while they waited for the part to fixed it.

Imagine how those guys with Ferrari’s feel when those thing have issue shortly after purchasing it or those with Land Rover products. No manufacture is immune to these things.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
That's one of reasons why i went with used 2019 year model. By now I'd hope most of them kinks are worked out and the price mark down is also worth it. I considered buying new one but sticker shock and devaluation out of the door is just too much. I'm too cheap

1 - 20 of 46 Posts