Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there!
We have had our 2021 Audi e-tron for a week
Over the weekend we added a 240V circuit at home, to use with the Audi -supplied charger cable and control box.
Used last night for the first time and charged the battery from 69 to 91% in about 3 hours.
The control box was set by default at 100% . Apparently , there is also a setting for the control box at 50%. Can someone please comment on what does it do the charging(and electric consumption) selecting 50 or 100 percent in the control box?
Thank you!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Basically, it just cuts in half the amount of charge available to the car via the box. It will probably cut your charging rate at least in half. I've wondered why they have this, and the main idea I've come up with is to accommodate people who want to use circuits not fully rated for 240V/40A....such as dryer outlets. If you tried to use a dryer outlet at 100%, the car might try to pull too much current from the wall. Note if you use the box for Level 1 (120V) charging, a lot of the time charging will not start if the box is on 50%...the presented voltage is too low for the car to accept. Two change it, press and HOLD the power button until the light switches (The Power button is a two function button: quick press ON/OFF; long press 50/100%).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you . Your explanation is appreciated.
So, if the circuit I am pulling from is properly rated 240V/40A, there is no good reason why I should use the control box in the 50% power setting. Am I correct?
This forum is great: I have so many questions...but I am reviewing the forum first to see if they have been already addressed.
Thank you once again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts