Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip from San Francisco to Philadelphia. Has anyone had experience road tripping with the e-tron?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m in Canada and looking forward to when cross-country trips are possible again post-Covid-19. In the meantime, I’ve found the PlugShare app really useful. It has a trip planning function which helps you find Level 2 and Level 3 charging stations along your route that match the e-Tron’s range.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you would have problems getting to Denver trying to use Level 3 chargers. Once you get past Denver you should be OK getting to Philly. Pre-Covid-19 I planned two trips - Wisconsin to Nashville and Wisconsin to Connecticut. I could make it to the destinations, but if Added side trips (Smokey Mts for Nashville and Adirondack Mts for the CT trip) there were too few charging stations). Also the cost of charging was almost double the price of gas. If I do the Connecticut trip this year, I'll be going with gas in my Q7. As they build out the level 3 charging network, trips like this will be easy.

Reactions: Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am planning a trip from San Francisco to Philadelphia. Has anyone had experience road tripping with the e-tron?
Look into Harley-Davidson dealerships (2020 LiveWire Motorcycle | Harley-Davidson United States) along your planned route . Any dealer selling the LiveWire electric motorcycle is required by H-D to have a Level 3 charger. Most are using ChargePoint units and have them available to the public 24-7.

Good luck and safe travels!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Which route planners are the better ones?
That's the name of the recommended app and website, "A Better Routeplanner," or ABRP. ;) Super handy for planning longer EV trips as it has lots of customizations and details for a wide range of routes and charging stations. I'd compare results to the Audi App and Google, for reference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's the name of the recommended app and website, "A Better Routeplanner," or ABRP. ;) Super handy for planning longer EV trips as it has lots of customizations and details for a wide range of routes and charging stations. I'd compare results to the Audi App and Google, for reference.

Haha... too funny! 😂 Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts