Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I have to look in the options to disable this, but cruise control annoyingly reduces or accelerates based on the speed signs irrespective of what I set my cruise to. I am cruising with traffic at 75 and car suddenly slows to 55 as it reads a speed sign. I have to then increase the cruise speed to catch up with traffic. Surprisingly I am cruising on a 55 mph road and it read the 70mph speed limit sign on the free way next to me and started accelerating to 70. I am not sure why this is a standard setting, seems like a safety issue. I have to find the option to disable this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a default setting that can be changed in the adaptive cruise control settings. Can't remember the exact menu path, but hunt around and you'll find it.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Maybe I have to look in the options to disable this, but cruise control annoyingly reduces or accelerates based on the speed signs irrespective of what I set my cruise to. I am cruising with traffic at 75 and car suddenly slows to 55 as it reads a speed sign. I have to then increase the cruise speed to catch up with traffic. Surprisingly I am cruising on a 55 mph road and it read the 70mph speed limit sign on the free way next to me and started accelerating to 70. I am not sure why this is a standard setting, seems like a safety issue. I have to find the option to disable this.
It is indeed quite annoying. I had to kill that one during the test drive.

From the MMI Home Screen: VEHICLE -> Driver Assistance -> Tap the Settings Sprocket Icon in the top right corner -> Adaptive Cruise Assist -> Predictive control. You'll see the option for "Set Speed Limit" which you will want to set to OFF.

Yeah, not an easy one to find for sure. It's part of Driver assistance predictive control. You can find more information on Page 137->138 of the online owner's manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts