Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a dashcam in their GT yet? Looking at a two camera blackvue system. I need to feel the inside of the car to see if the cables can be hidden easily, and if there's access to the fuse panel and if I even want to hardwire it to the fuse panel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Audi dealership tell me there will be an Audi kit available to be purchased and fitted before delivery (in my case April) but zero details on spec. Suspect it will be 'meh' and price steep.

This is what appears shake out as a rather neat and high function after market alternative.

It allows for neat front and rear cam fit with high performance. They also do a front add on that points rearwards in addition to the rear mount.

Is the best I can find without turning the car into a spaghetti factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a front & rear blackvue installed. It’s a bit of a challenge to hide going on the roof-side. I have the add-on battery in the trunk, cables could have been longer as it’s a long car.
ps; i have the blackvue from previous car and bought new self-adhesive pads. They’re loosened with direct sum. Glued the camera finally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hardwired a blackvue DR 900 front and back on my RS3. i had never done it before on a vehicle. it wasn't hard, just took a while as i was really careful not to break any of the moldings where i was hiding wires. I would be interested in doing this, but am bummed it's not an option from Audi for my incoming GT

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wish there was an Audi teslacam equivalent. With all the cameras for parking there's no reason we can't get a built in dashcam system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hardwired a blackvue DR 900 front and back on my RS3. i had never done it before on a vehicle. it wasn't hard, just took a while as i was really careful not to break any of the moldings where i was hiding wires. I would be interested in doing this, but am bummed it's not an option from Audi for my incoming GT
There is, is what I mentioned about three posts above. It becomes available (according to Audi) late part of this year.

But regardless it's a dealer fit not a factory option so even if you miss that, you will be able to catch up after delivery.

My concern is not if it will be available but what re-badged older model it's likely to be. They have not published spec at this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is, is what I mentioned about three posts above. It becomes available (according to Audi) late part of this year.

But regardless it's a dealer fit not a factory option so even if you miss that, you will be able to catch up after delivery.

My concern is not if it will be available but what re-badged older model it's likely to be. They have not published spec at this time.
That looks pretty amateur to me. My installation looks better than that!

I wouldn't have a dealer to this installation. If audi doesn't offer it from the factory, i'll just do it myself :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks pretty amateur to me. My installation looks better than that!

I wouldn't have a dealer to this installation. If audi doesn't offer it from the factory, i'll just do it myself :)
Think you might be confusing products/posts. There was no photo of the Audi product. Is part of the problem, details are zero at the moment. The only word is that there will be one available later year.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi, I have a front & rear blackvue installed. It’s a bit of a challenge to hide going on the roof-side. I have the add-on battery in the trunk, cables could have been longer as it’s a long car.
ps; i have the blackvue from previous car and bought new self-adhesive pads. They’re loosened with direct sum. Glued the camera finally.
Welcome to the forum @Arnaud

Which e-tron spec did you get? How long did it take to install the front & rear camera system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Think you might be confusing products/posts. There was no photo of the Audi product. Is part of the problem, details are zero at the moment. The only word is that there will be one available later year.
Apologies, i did misread your post. I agree with the previous poster -- with all the cameras in the car, it would be nice to have an official dash cam function.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apologies, i did misread your post. I agree with the previous poster -- with all the cameras in the car, it would be nice to have an official dash cam function.
100% that. I just wonder if the 2022 Audi after market product is actually last years 'other brand' model.

If you mean designed/integrated into dash .... dash cam then absolutely 100% that. I never understood why so few manufacturers do this. Would be so elegant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts