Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How can I remove this massage popping up every time I start the E-tron?? Can't find it in the settings/menu.

Help, it's annoying to every time having to cancel the message out.
And I don't want to have a sim card in there, we are different people using the car.

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The E Tron does not have a SIM card slot. It has a built in eSIM that the car SHOULD detect. If the car is not detecting its eSIM, then you may not be getting your free Connect Basic services. Can you connect to your car via your MyAudi app? In the MMI there is a menu involving connections, including turning on and turning off data that should be enabled. Bottom line, the car SHOULD be detecting its eSIM.

·
Registered
e-Tron 50 Advanced Sport 2021
4 Posts
The E Tron does not have a SIM card slot. It has a built in eSIM that the car SHOULD detect. If the car is not detecting its eSIM, then you may not be getting your free Connect Basic services. Can you connect to your car via your MyAudi app? In the MMI there is a menu involving connections, including turning on and turning off data that should be enabled. Bottom line, the car SHOULD be detecting its eSIM.
That's not true. 2019 and 2020 models of e-Tron has a SIM slot in the front where the USB outlets are.

·
Registered
e-Tron 50 Advanced Sport 2021
4 Posts
If I understand it correctly. In the models that have SIM slot it also has a eSim for Audi Connect that it uses for those services if you don't provide your own SIM. If you provide your own SIM then it will use that for Audi Connect and all other services/wifi hotspot and so on.

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-tron Sportback Prestige
31 Posts
Nice. In the US, we did not get the optional SIM card, nor the charging ports on both sides of the car.
Not sure about the SIM card but the 2021 Sportback Prestige does have car charging ports on both sides of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts