Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a very annoying problem at the weekend. This post is to rant about the Audi UK roadside assistance (or lack of) rather than the technical problem. It's going in for Warranty diagnostic tomorrow so I'll see what the technical issue is.

I was doing a long drive away from home for the weekend. Charged on a DC charger on the way successfully on Friday night, but on arrival at destination it refused to DC charge a second time. I just put it down to the charge point not working properly. I found an AC charger nearby and left it overnight, giving me 100% in the morning, enough for all of my weekend running around and to start the journey back on Sunday night.

About 9pm I stopped 90 miles from home for a quick top up, as I only had 40 miles range left but it failed to charge on DC. I moved to another DC charger 10 miles away but it failed to charge again. When I turned on the ignition, sure enough it was giving me a charging error (which didn't show before when the ignition was off). So I tried an AC charger and that worked fine. The problem was I was charging at around 26 miles every hour, so needed to wait well over two and a half hours to limp home, when a DC charge of 15 minutes would have done. I called Audi who refused to recover me, despite a crying and over-tired child, saying I just had to wait as the car was driveable. I was pretty unhappy about this but it could have been worse. If it was on the way up I would have had to abandon my weekend away. I did call a second time but they wouldn't budge. The operator told me it would likely take 2 hours to come out to me anyway so I might as well wait. Finally made it home at 1am on a school night with just 11 miles range left on the battery :(

so I

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - Audi main dealer diagnosed "multiple issues with charging". Have re-booked me for full diagnostic and repair in just over a week. They will keep the car for up to 4 days. I can't make journeys of more than 170 before then without having to factor in an overnight charge :( At least they have offered me another e-Tron as my courtesy car :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts