Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
661 Posts
A solution to my death by hatch problem - not ideal, but saves me from messing with the area around the sensor, and also gives me extra room in case the hatch does open. Do not judge me for the state of the carrier - it was used on a smoking diesel ;)

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
196 Posts
Since in Elsa Pro, my Oct 19 build is considered 2020 MY so guess that's why it's not showing as valid.

It would be helpful if my OBD Eleven Pro tool would be able to show this particular affected module, but it's not one of the ones listed.

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
28 Posts
@polyphonic There is no specific cutoff month. It is whenever Audi deemed a Model Year change was required, and does not necessarily reflect the calendar year. The tenth Digit of the VIN determines your model year. 2019 = K, 2020 = L, and 2021 = M.

Because this vehicle is evolving at a fast pace compared to I.C. cars, many of the modules may be different, missing altogether from one model year to the next, or it can be the same module, but have totally different software requirements. It could even have different chips embedded even though it may serve the same task. That is why you can't swap parts, and that they must have adaptations done using ODIS along with GFF. Each Module has a module code, hardware number, hardware version #, software version #, address, and then system name.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It does seem to be a little confusing. Maybe partly due to pandemic issues, in the US Audi introduced the 2020 etron Sportback, but did not officially release a 2020MY version of the SUV. They introduced both in EU/GB. It seems that eventually the company converted all the SUV production to include the upgrades included in the 2020 (de-coupled front engine, slightly smaller battery buffers), but still sold them as 2019MY for the SUV's in the US. Given the way Tesla has been changing and marketing its vehicles, figuring out what you actually got may get to be more fluid in the future!

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
270 Posts
Thanks @frios for the explanation. I have a 2019 K car. I guess there are other incompatibilities like you mentioned, since the dealer keeps refusing for unknown reasons.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
196 Posts
My Oct 19 is also K car by VIN, but in Elsa Pro it’s listed as 2020 MY (as did my manual).

If it were a true MY 20, it would have been tagged a L car. Only 2020’s produced after week 48 of 2020 seem to have gotten all those technical updates that improved the efficiency and range. Haven’t heard or any 2019 US eTron SUVs made in Dec 19 or later. Sadly, mine did not and haven’t been able to break 185 (ACEcon on)/192 AC off even in the nice Southern CA summer weather.

Reactions: polyphonic

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
270 Posts
Only 2020’s produced after week 48 of 2020 seem to have gotten all those technical updates that improved the efficiency and range. Haven’t heard or any 2019 US eTron SUVs made in Dec 19 or later. Sadly, mine did not and haven’t been able to break 185 (ACEcon on)/192 AC off even in the nice Southern CA summer weather.
I would love those updates, especially if they're going to call my car a "2020" !

Also never broke 185 miles in warm weather, even with efficient driving.

·
Registered
951 Posts
My Oct 19 is also K car by VIN, but in Elsa Pro it’s listed as 2020 MY (as did my manual).

If it were a true MY 20, it would have been tagged a L car. Only 2020’s produced after week 48 of 2020 seem to have gotten all those technical updates that improved the efficiency and range. Haven’t heard or any 2019 US eTron SUVs made in Dec 19 or later. Sadly, mine did not and haven’t been able to break 185 (ACEcon on)/192 AC off even in the nice Southern CA summer weather.
Hmmm: "WW48 2020"? I recall reading press releases from Audi in Dec 2019 announce the upgrades for the etron that would increase mileage. The announcement said these upgrades would be available immediately in Europe and be available on the upcoming "sportback" , but was uncertain about the release to the US.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My brother’s Oct 19 Premium Plus with 20” wheel ranging starting decreasing to 160s-170s. Along with many of the same issues I had, dropped off at Audi service up in northern CA and has been there over 2 weeks getting worked on. The range on the app is now back at 217 so I’m curious to see what they ended doing on the invoice when he gets it back.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Doh- I meant produced after week 48 of 2019. MY 2020 v2

Regarding the article, the LIDAR was NEVER on the "standard" 2019 etron SUV. It only came included for the Launch Edition.

·
Registered
196 Posts
41 - 54 of 54 Posts