Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There!

I've recently taken delivery of a lovely E-Tron 55 Launch Edition but unfortunately I'm experiencing some strange vibrations from within the car.

I can only describe it as a sort of 'drone' or 'booming' sound where it's possible to hear and feel deep vibrations reverberating in the cabin, which are more pronounced at lower speeds (up to about 40 mph) and on slightly rougher surfaces. It's all fairly subtle but once you tune into it, you can easily feel and hear the vibrations. You can feel them through the steering wheel a little bit, but more easily through vibrations on the MMI screen and centre console. It's a little bit like when you get 'buffering' noise at certain speeds after lowering a single window, but this is much more subtle. It gets to the point where the pressure in the car feels like it has changed and my ears start to block. Most of my passengers also notice this.

I'm intrigued to know if anyone else experienced this or are you aware of a known or specific fault or issue?

It goes without saying that all cars suffer from NVH to some extent, but this is like nothing I have ever experienced and is quite uncomfortable.

I'm intrigued to see whether others have experienced similar issues.

Thanks!

Nic99
It’s the heat pump. Everything is fine.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
183 Posts
Yes, the pump, but also the chassis itself. Both are contributors.

It might be normal for the car, but it’s very uncomfortable.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts