Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys have had my etron for about 2 weeks. My 17 model s lease was up and I wanted and actual QUALITY vehicle while still staying ev. I am extremely happy with the etron and glad I made the switch. Don't get me wrong Tesla has its pros, but for me personally the etron benefits outweighed them by a mile.

So far I've done:
Chrome delete (window trim, grille, front/rear lip)
Full tint
OEM rubber mats
Carbon fiber interior trim wrap (over the unsightly wood oem)
Debadge on rear
Waiting on sport pedals to deliver

Would love to see if anone else has done anything interesting....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks nice, my dealer did a blackout on mine, and it has really grown on me. What really interested me is the interior trim wrap. I can’t stand the wood trim either, but worried I’ll damage the interior led strip if I try to remove the trim to wrap it. How did you install the wrap? Did you remove the trim or install it in place?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks nice, my dealer did a blackout on mine, and it has really grown on me. What really interested me is the interior trim wrap. I can’t stand the wood trim either, but worried I’ll damage the interior led strip if I try to remove the trim to wrap it. How did you install the wrap? Did you remove the trim or install it in place?
The trim is easy to remove and the strips are attached to the trim and
not the dash. They pretty much just pop off with a trim tool and unplug. The long one kinda slides to the right to unlock it. Got pics of yours? Would love to see how it turned out...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I really like the chrome delete. It looks sleeker in all black! Are you planning on getting black wheels to complete the look?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the chrome delete. It looks sleeker in all black! Are you planning on getting black wheels to complete the look?
Nah...my goal here was to emulate the Europe black optic version. Just wanted clean, not murdered out...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. I've wrapped interiors on some previous cars, so should be able to handle this one. Just ordered some samples to decide what finish I want: brushed steel, forged carbon, matte aluminum....this will be a fun project. Will post something when I get it all done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks great! did you use a pre-cut vinyl package for the trim or just complete from roll stock?
picking up mine tomorrow and this modification is first on my list!

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Looks good I also did the carbon wrap on the interior, mine had a nasty grey plastic!

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Yep sure.
I got it done at a place here in the UK.
They have a website. Called. Auto dreamworks.
The guy who did mine is called Adam. I shopped around a lot and after seeing his work and talking to him I was happy.
i am even more happy now he has done the job. Factory finished. He took out the parts to wrap them. There are not many people I would want taking my car apart, I watched him do it and can say he obviously knew what he was doing. Check his Instagram under the same name. I’m taking the car back to get my wheels painted and a few other tweaks. Price wise, rather not post it as then it’s here forever! Just ask him. Like said I am planning a few bits with them now so my price hopefully reflects that.
I can say it was over £150. But not much! Some may say that’s expensive but I know the wrap I chose is very expensive. It’s top end stuff that breaths and is super thick and textured to touch. Not plastic crap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's not really expensive, considering aluminium inserts are £425 on the configurator, and wood inserts are £575. As long as it's high quality and won't peel or bubble.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
That’s true.
imo the ash wood is wrong on every level. It’s not a BMW!
Yep should be fine. It’s £50 odd a meter, also somehow it breathes

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys have had my etron for about 2 weeks. My 17 model s lease was up and I wanted and actual QUALITY vehicle while still staying ev. I am extremely happy with the etron and glad I made the switch. Don't get me wrong Tesla has its pros, but for me personally the etron benefits outweighed them by a mile.

So far I've done:
Chrome delete (window trim, grille, front/rear lip)
Full tint
OEM rubber mats
Carbon fiber interior trim wrap (over the unsightly wood oem)
Debadge on rear
Waiting on sport pedals to deliver

Would love to see if anone else has done anything interesting....

View attachment 294
View attachment 295
View attachment 296
View attachment 297
Well done!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks really good! Did you get this done by a professional or did you do this yourself? Wanting to do the same to mine.. and really keen on trying to do it myself :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts