Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The user manual for my 2021 e-Tron describes use of a canister of sealant when fixing a flat tire. The sealant is part of the tire mobility kit, along with a jack, wrench, air compressor, and other tools.

My car does not have any sealant.

The salesman says the sealant is provided only with cars equipped with run-flat tires. That seems strange to me, since run-flat tires are not supposed to be fixed in place (that is why they call them “run flat” tires). I have another car with run flat tires, and it did not come with a wrench or jack.

My car has a collapsed spare, so if I ever need to use it I will have to inflate it when I put it on. I don’t think sealant is needed for that condition.

That leaves me curious - are other e-Trons delivered with the canister of sealant?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
No sealant for me, but a low speed inflatable spare in the trunk (looks like this one:
) - I have 2019 model, though, so they may have changed something along the year(s).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The user manual for my 2021 e-Tron describes use of a canister of sealant when fixing a flat tire. The sealant is part of the tire mobility kit, along with a jack, wrench, air compressor, and other tools.

My car does not have any sealant.

The salesman says the sealant is provided only with cars equipped with run-flat tires. That seems strange to me, since run-flat tires are not supposed to be fixed in place (that is why they call them “run flat” tires). I have another car with run flat tires, and it did not come with a wrench or jack.

My car has a collapsed spare, so if I ever need to use it I will have to inflate it when I put it on. I don’t think sealant is needed for that condition.

That leaves me curious - are other e-Trons delivered with the canister of sealant?
I have a BMW Z4 with run flat tires. No one ever mentioned to me about using the sealant on them. That is why you have run flat tires! Maybe the salesman should have said they only put the sealant in cars that do not have foam lined tires.

Regarding my Etron
That was the same situation I discovered with my ETron, no sealant but a space for one. Then saw others posting on this site that no canisters were in their cars as well. I had read elsewhere about the warning to not use the sealant on the EV tires with Foam. I just assumed that the part in the manual about the sealant was something I would skip if using foam-lined tires. I never got around to asking my dealer. Looking forward to you post!

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the UK - probably the US also - we chose between the collapsed spare wheel or the sealant canister. I got the sealant.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think that you would have both.

Sealant is standard in the UK, spare wheel is optional.
Definitely an option here in the UK - and an expensive one at that at £300

1 - 7 of 7 Posts