Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Have: GLA45 AMG -- Want: Q4 50 e-tron
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -- I have seen many, many images here and online of grey Q4's. However, I never know which one I am looking at. In the EU both colors are available to select from, but in the US it appears we will only have Pebble Grey as an option (even when selecting the S-Line package).

What is the actual difference between the two?
  • Is one lighter (pebble) and one darker (typhoon)??
  • Or is the difference that one is flat (pebble) and one is pearl or metallic finish (typhoon)??
Curious to hear in terms of worded description, vs seeing photos, as lighting and monitors affect how the color appears.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pebble is a very pale grey, typhoon is a rich mid to dark metallic grey

Thank you!
Figures, I want typhoon and can't get it here. Sigh. I always want the EU things that don't come to the states, always. Never fails. LOL.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thank you!
Figures, I want typhoon and can't get it here. Sigh. I always want the EU things that don't come to the states, always. Never fails. LOL.
I've never once heard a single reasonable explanation for why they do this stuff. I get it for inventory cars, but for orders?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never once heard a single reasonable explanation for why they do this stuff. I get it for inventory cars, but for orders?
I know. :(
I can only assume it is because of the cost to switch over machines (cleaning them out and re-priming for production ... aka: downtime). But, since they already do Typhoon Grey over there it doesn't make sense.

2000's VW Scirocco in the US? Nope. Only EU.
VW Golf R every year in the US? Nope. Only every 4.
My current car but electric in the US? Nope. Only EU.
Audi A3 Wagon in the US? Nope, cancelled years back.

First world problems are tough. (Note sarcasm)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pebble gray actuallu surprised me. Typhon as well for that matter. Both had wildly different looks depending on lighting.

I like both now, even if I were very sceptical of pebble based on the config.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pebble gray actuallu surprised me. Typhon as well for that matter. Both had wildly different looks depending on lighting.

I like both now, even if I were very sceptical of pebble based on the config.
Good to know this, thanks! :)

Yes, the online rendered config when building the car you want is less than flattering in that paint color. Very bland.
Though it does seem, as you mention, that the colors change a bit based on lighting when looking at images taken indoors vs outdoors, etc. It was probably why I had such issues telling them apart when seeing images online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted geyser blue, but my dealer told me it won't be available until 2023 at least, in Canada, or never. So I ordered pebble grey, the closest thing I hope. Pebble grey is widely used in nursery so I guess it's very light though never seen the car in person.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This car is pebble in overcast conditions after being through the car wash . There is a shine to it but it’s definitely a flat paint. And it does grow on you
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This car is pebble in overcast conditions after being through the car wash . There is a shine to it but it’s definitely a flat paint.
Thanks! in that lighting I like it a lot. I do wish they offered the flat paint in a matte finish, but, I still think it looks nice!

Is that your driveway? I have the same exact paver color and pattern!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wanted geyser blue, but my dealer told me it won't be available until 2023 at least, in Canada, or never. So I ordered pebble grey, the closest thing I hope. Pebble grey is widely used in nursery so I guess it's very light though never seen the car in person.
What's the timeline looking like in Canada? Is your launch as screwed up as ours is? :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first batch was suppose to arrive in Dec. (built in Nov.), then got delayed. My dealer told me that my car would be at Halifax port in Feb.. I highly doubt that. I reserved my spot in June/July, then placed the order end of September.

If someone were to place an order now, the current wait time is 16 months +. :sleep:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks! in that lighting I like it a lot. I do wish they offered the flat paint in a matte finish, but, I still think it looks nice!

Is that your driveway? I have the same exact paver color and pattern!
Very nice. I've one ordered. Its hard to get a look at these with all the delays but my neighbour has an advance pebble I've the sport coming. Good looking wagon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you!
Typhoon grey is available in the US AFAIK. It is on the Audi USA configurator. Pebble is not available here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts