Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new sport back a month now, a few teething issues and visits back to the supplying dealer, where I realised they had very little technical knowledge or experience with the model. However by biggest issue is that the original 260 mile range decreases every week, Im now down to 180, where does it end

·
Registered
176 Posts
The mileage gauge is basically estimated (often referred to as the GOM, or Guess-O-Meter) actively taking into account your driving habits, chargin level, car settings, heat/cool, etc. So, you would expect that stated GOM would drop a LITTLE over time, but not 80 mi! The GOM could be malfunctioning. If you set the upper charging limit for your battery to 100%, does your Battery Guage show that the battery is charged to 100%? You should check other posts here for the E tron 55 , etc, since the battery operation is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mileage gauge is basically estimated (often referred to as the GOM, or Guess-O-Meter) actively taking into account your driving habits, chargin level, car settings, heat/cool, etc. So, you would expect that stated GOM would drop a LITTLE over time, but not 80 mi! The GOM could be malfunctioning. If you set the upper charging limit for your battery to 100%, does your Battery Guage show that the battery is charged to 100%? You should check other posts here for the E tron 55 , etc, since the battery operation is pretty much the same.
Thanks I will have a look and check

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had my new sport back a month now, a few teething issues and visits back to the supplying dealer, where I realised they had very little technical knowledge or experience with the model. However by biggest issue is that the original 260 mile range decreases every week, Im now down to 180, where does it end
Take into account the fact that much more realistic EPA range estimate for your model is about 220 miles.
This should be your driving efficiency target, IMHO

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
5 Posts
I agree with Yan.

Most of the E-Trons I've seen on the lot and from customers have range from 200~220 Max.

The weather plays a big role as well. We've seen reduced range when the weather gets hot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And when the weather gets cold too! My garage is about 10-15 degrees cooler now and I'm back to under 200 miles for a 100% charge. Summer months had it at 212-220 mi range. I'm looking in to getting a 19" winter wheel package for this winter to get a little more winter-time range over the 21" set.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
81 Posts
My garage is about 10-15 degrees cooler now and I'm back to under 200 miles for a 100% charge.
Can you try timing the charge to finish when it's time to leave? Or at least charge for 30-60 minutes prior to departure.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Remember, the GOM gives a mileage modified by your driving history. When the weather turns cold (LOL, I am in Oregon and here 35F is "cold"), if I start out with a "cold start" in my car, I find the miles literally melt away for about 25 minutes as the cabin and battery get warmed up. When I charge, for my charging setup I use the Audi charger and set up charging timers via the App/MMI, so I can't say what happens if you are using a different charger. Along the lines suggested by "polyphonic", I set up a timer and enable "auxiliary" conditioning. The Audi timer is based on the Departure time you give it. When "auxiliary" is enabled, the car pulls current from the wall to heat the cabin and warm the battery. (There is some question as to if this "auxiliary" system is available if you did not get the Cold Weather Package.) The whole charging/conditioning cycle is timed by the car to start so that it is completed by the Departure time you have set. The conditioning can run off the wall for an additional 30 minutes or so (from the wall) after charging has been completed to keep the cabin at the desired temperature. When I use a timer in cold weather, I find that this issue of "melting miles" phenomenon last for less than 10 minutes (as oppsed to 25). You might find that improves your GOM readings. I find this preconditioning may spare me 20 miles or more, as estimated by the GOM. I have not really tested it yet, but I imagine making judicious use of seat heaters, as opposed to relying on the cabin air, might improve GOM, as well. It seems to improve my GOM currently, when I use the seat A/C to offset cabin air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts