Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate Lane Assist - not just in the E-tron, but every car I have driven with it.

I was driving on a Fast A-road the other night - temperature about 2 DegC but the roads were treated. Turned into a corner and the steering went light - heart leapt into mouth as I thought I’d hit some black ice and immediately started assessing, ready for a correction, but no - it was the Lane Assist deciding to steer a bit for me reducing the steering weight..... 🤬

So I know I can press the end of the left paddle to switch it off, but as far as I can see I can’t set it to be off as default? 😕

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Looking through my manual in the US, you are right, there does not seem to be a way to permanently turn it off. I'm not sure if the Lane Departure assist is the problem here. However, you should be able to turn off the "vibration" warning. All those Driver Assistance Settings are at Vehicle>Driver Assistance>COG>Lane Departure Warning>Vibration Warning. In that COG area, there are also adjustments for Audi PreSense, which also offers active Steering Assistance. Maybe an adjustment there will help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hate Lane Assist - not just in the E-tron, but every car I have driven with it.

I was driving on a Fast A-road the other night - temperature about 2 DegC but the roads were treated. Turned into a corner and the steering went light - heart leapt into mouth as I thought I’d hit some black ice and immediately started assessing, ready for a correction, but no - it was the Lane Assist deciding to steer a bit for me reducing the steering weight..... 🤬

So I know I can press the end of the left paddle to switch it off, but as far as I can see I can’t set it to be off as default? 😕

Am I missing something?
You cannot permanently disable it in the UK, I believe his may be part of ‘Europe’s’ goal to have all cars with safety systems in the coming decade. In other regions you can but this would have to be done in VCP or VCDS

Reactions: Chrisechild

·
Registered
48 Posts
Although it can’t be disabled by default I find it less annoying if I switch off the lane departure vibration in settings .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts