Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an online Audi dealership where the new part ~ $150. Since Audi Service said that my battery range was still in spec (with HVAC on low, 187 @ 100%, 199 without and would not apply the lower range TSB), I figured this were pretty easy- perhaps $150 DIY project might be worthwhile if it's safe and relatively easy to do.

Any one have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't gotten an answer on whether it's a simple DIY or is there some involved procedure to de-energize eTron 1st and not fry myself or the electrical components.

Guess no one has done this before yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It certainly looks like it. Did you try how much dealer charges if you ask them to replace the part?
I understood the warranty doesn’t cover the issue, but they could charge you for it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It certainly looks like it. Did you try how much dealer charges if you ask them to replace the part?
I understood the warranty doesn’t cover the issue, but they could charge you for it.
Have not yet asked. I’m headed out of the country for 2 weeks so will deal with this when I return.

·
Registered
Warranty Administrator
17 Posts
At our dealership, all work done on an e-tron is done by Audi HV Certified Technicians. Even something as simple as unplugging a module and unbolting it like in your situation, regular audi certified technicians would not be allowed to do. There is a chance that nothing will happen. But why risk it?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
308 Posts
Voltage is not too high but the short current can fry a lot if it is handled incorrectly. I would not risk it, honestly. It is not some cheap 15 year old car to tinker with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Audi South Coast said that the Battery Ctrl Management module TSB did not apply to mine. Audi Reno has that updated part for $142 shipped.

I’d be willing to spend that out of pocket to see if it would indeed increased the battery range.

@frios, do you know what it might run in terms of install pricing? Any other Audi service around LA that mightdo this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts