Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if when the seats are folded, a flat object lays flat or if there's an angle or bump at the transition from cargo area to "the backs of the seats". I only found one pic of a Q4 with the seats folded and it was taken at a sort of weird angle that makes it tough to tell.

I camp in my current car with some regularity for certain activities and this isn't a make-or-break feature but would be nice to know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Curious if when the seats are folded, a flat object lays flat or if there's an angle or bump at the transition from cargo area to "the backs of the seats". I only found one pic of a Q4 with the seats folded and it was taken at a sort of weird angle that makes it tough to tell.

I camp in my current car with some regularity for certain activities and this isn't a make-or-break feature but would be nice to know.
No they don't. They sit at an incline of about 5 degrees or so and there's a couple of inches height difference between the boot area and the seats when folded. I believe there's a raised floor you can get spec'd which should even it out and give you some extra stowage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You just need to buy a rooftop tent. Problem solved. ;-)
But I like the HVAC :D

No they don't. They sit at an incline of about 5 degrees or so and there's a couple of inches height difference between the boot area and the seats when folded. I believe there's a raised floor you can get spec'd which should even it out and give you some extra stowage.
Got it, thanks! 5 degrees doesn't sound too bad, and I think all the US spec cars have the raised floor so that'll work out fine!

·
Registered
Have: GLA45 AMG -- Want: Q4 50 e-tron
27 Posts
But I like the HVAC :D
oooooooh right. mileage and aerodynamics. I am going to have to get used to that thought process. I travel 2 hours one way to go paddle boarding in the summer. I guess that board on my roof is going to kill my mileage. :oops:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oooooooh right. mileage and aerodynamics. I am going to have to get used to that thought process. I travel 2 hours one way to go paddle boarding in the summer. I guess that board on my roof is going to kill my mileage. :oops:
Oh I just mean when I sleep in the car I can run the AC in summer or heat in winter. Can't do that with a tent 😂

·
Registered
Have: GLA45 AMG -- Want: Q4 50 e-tron
27 Posts
Oh I just mean when I sleep in the car I can run the AC in summer or heat in winter. Can't do that with a tent 😂
😅 oh, LOL. So you want 5-star rating luxury car-camping. Glamping, not camping. 🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts