Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a ChargePoint charger with my GT. I set up 5 days in a row of scheduled charging via the MyAudi app, as chargepoint only lets you specify "weekdays" and "weekends" but does not offer the granular control of start/stop times that my work schedule requires.

Here's the scenario:
Set car to finish charging by 10 AM on Monday, as well as 11 AM on tuesday. Send timer to car via MyAudi App.

I get in the car on Monday, at 10 AM, and i'm charged up to my 80%. Go to work, come home monday night. park at 8 pm. Plug in charger...and it seems like it should know to only start charging to be ready to go by Tuesday at 11 AM, but it just starts charging immediately.

So each time i get home from work i have to open up the MyAudi app and send the timer schedule again to the car? even though i have several days planned ahead already in there and previously sent to the car?

Is that normal? does each charging session reset the timer schedule?

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
52 Posts
Not exactly the same as your situation, but last week I configured a custom charge location (at home) in the MMI, so that it would only charge in the wee hours of the night. Unfortunately, the car starts to charge immediately every time I plug in. The charge settings are configured correctly, and when I come home and get about 50m away the car tells me that it’s applying the custom charge settings each time, but… it still starts to charge immediately.

One more thing to add to my list of complaints to Audi Denmark. Not that it’s going to break the bank or anything, but electricity when I plug in can cost double, or sometimes as much as quadruple, electricity after midnight. And since the MyAudi app only partially works, and only sometimes, I don’t have the option to stop charging from inside the house if I notice it later. Yay.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the charger that came with the car?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a podpoint charger, and it's much easier to set timers on the charger app than on the car. Obviously you don't get pre-heat or other fancy settings, but at least it comes on when I want it to. Would assume your charger has a similar app?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I am using a ChargePoint charger with my GT. I set up 5 days in a row of scheduled charging via the MyAudi app, as chargepoint only lets you specify "weekdays" and "weekends" but does not offer the granular control of start/stop times that my work schedule requires.

Here's the scenario:
Set car to finish charging by 10 AM on Monday, as well as 11 AM on tuesday. Send timer to car via MyAudi App.

I get in the car on Monday, at 10 AM, and i'm charged up to my 80%. Go to work, come home monday night. park at 8 pm. Plug in charger...and it seems like it should know to only start charging to be ready to go by Tuesday at 11 AM, but it just starts charging immediately.

So each time i get home from work i have to open up the MyAudi app and send the timer schedule again to the car? even though i have several days planned ahead already in there and previously sent to the car?

Is that normal? does each charging session reset the timer schedule?
If you are using the MyAudi app and the car's MMI setup, then the answer to your question is "YES".

If you are using the MyAudi app and the car's MMI setup, have the appropriate timers set up for the days and times you want, and have those timers "enabled (little button moved to the right)" in the app (that is "enabled", NOT "activated". A timer can only be activated via the Shutdown Screen), then, when you turn off the car the shutdown screen should show the next timer you want to use (since you enabled it). If you really do want to use it, press the icon to the left of that desired timer until the red bar appears. You must do this EVERY time you want to use a timer. So, it just comes down to your pressing one icon each time before you get out of the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, thank you for this clarification! it’s clear as mud from reading the manual. Audi needs to hire this man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts