Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have to use the washer until this weekend due to the weather and now I am wondering if I am activating the washer fluid properly or whether the fluid didn't come with the delivery... thx.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have found in my e-tron that I have to hold the washer lever down longer than I'm normally used to with other vehicles to get wiper fluid to start to flow, but it is entirely possible your dealer neglected to fill the reservoir.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is also an update to make the E-tron less thirsty when it comes to washer fluid. Mine went through a gallon in just a few weeks. This may affect 2019 models most as I would think that later ones have that built-in already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand that washer fluid isn't expensive but starting to realize that the dealership I worked with missed many checklist items for the delivery...not really satisfied... 😔

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Mine missed a window chip and missing key fob, so ... you know, expect the unexpected. At least they ordered the replacement key fob and paid me to have it coded locally. Window chip was also paid for so at the end of the day all ended well. I would not sweat over washer liquid, just banter some with the dealership for extra goodies for next maintenance trip. At least my personal finding is that a good banter does get me more than being upset and angry with the dealership. Most of the time they want to do the right thing

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
160 Posts
There is also an update to make the E-tron less thirsty when it comes to washer fluid. Mine went through a gallon in just a few weeks. This may affect 2019 models most as I would think that later ones have that built-in already.
Yes - me too. When the front LIDAR sensor (below/under the front grille) is considered dirty the car continuously squirts windscreen washer fluid onto it until eventually it's all gone. There's a software fix to correct the number of times it does this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts