Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Q4 E Tron Technik + Tech Package
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been curious for a while to know if we can ever find out how many Q4's are around because I have only seen one on the road in Downtown Toronto apart from the one I drive of course, and the test drive units at dealerships. Is there a way through Audi or any government website to know?

Not sure if I posted this in the right thread/subthread but please feel free to delete it.

· Registered
17 Posts
I have been curious for a while to know if we can ever find out how many Q4's are around because I have only seen one on the road in Downtown Toronto apart from the one I drive of course, and the test drive units at dealerships. Is there a way through Audi or any government website to know?

Not sure if I posted this in the right thread/subthread but please feel free to delete it.
This makes more sense in the Q4 Canada thread, but Stats Can does have a list of all rebate claims made. Of course, this means any cars that aren't eligible for the federal rebate (Q4 sportback, fat e-tron, Porsche) are invisible to the dataset

According to end of Dec 2022, there have been 456 Q4 claims made, of which 157 are in ON

In comparison, there have been 2236 ID.4 claims made.

· Registered
237 Posts
This makes more sense in the Q4 Canada thread, but Stats Can does have a list of all rebate claims made. Of course, this means any cars that aren't eligible for the federal rebate (Q4 sportback, fat e-tron, Porsche) are invisible to the dataset

According to end of Dec 2022, there have been 456 Q4 claims made, of which 157 are in ON

In comparison, there have been 2236 ID.4 claims made.
These numbers are so low. I wonder if Audi is losing money on these vehicles.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These numbers are so low. I wonder if Audi is losing money on these vehicles.
It makes sense I think. I am not sure what part of Canada you are in but seeing the big e tron is a rarity here in the GTA. I assume the Q4 will be more popular considering the lower price. I have only seen one Id.4 as well. I also think the delivery issues they have had isn't helping the cause and probably adding to the loss.

· Registered
17 Posts
Yeah it definitely seems like it. That’s still a lot more than what we got in Canada. Do you see the Id.4s often? I assume must be a lot more now that they are making those in the states?
Considering the US has 10x the population, on a per capita basis Canada received a lot more Q4 since we got 450 compared to their 2k

And it might be more than 450 since the Q4 sport back is not included in those numbers

· Registered
5 Posts

I have a 2023 model in downtown TO but haven't seen any others around yet. Did you manage to get a green plate at MTO yet? The 2023 model isn't on the list yet 🙄

· Registered
237 Posts
Is yours a 2023 model? My dealer said that the VIN number of the 2023 model has not yet been registered and on the MTO website it only shows 2022 models eligible.
I think at this point we can no longer trust what dealers are saying. Someone claimed that their base model q4 order had to be upgraded to a higher trim because they are no longer building the base model. This is a LIE because I have a base model q4 on order.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a 2023 model in downtown TO but haven't seen any others around yet. Did you manage to get a green plate at MTO yet? The 2023 model isn't on the list yet 🙄
I have a 2022 and was one of the first few to pick up and got a green plate. It’s amazing to be able to use the hov lane in traffic even if I’m the only one in the car. But I agree with everyone else, it’s quite tough to take the dealers word at this point considering how things have gone with the Q4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts