Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if this is specifically for the early 2019s or all - curious to see whether you see anything in the FOD area of the My Audi app.

My e-tron went back to dealer after only a couple of days and one the things I have raised is the FOD missing matrix...or anything at all.
Just states there are no functions available.

However, the A8 loaner I am in does show a couple of things - namely the connect licences.
I had this in my previous SQ5 too regardless of whether it was expiring or expired. If it was well within date, it showed the date of expiry which now leads me to think the FOD functionality is not enabled or broken on my e-tron.

Thanks all

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if that link is specific to the US?

I know FOD features were on my 2018 SQ5 for at the very least the connect parts.
To get to it in My Audi (Android in this case)
1. Open up My Audi
2. Go to car in question
3. Scroll to the bottom and there is a section called Individual Upgrades - click into this
4. For the A8, I see Connect Extension - Available until 7/6/2024 and Connect Licence available until 7/6/2024.

The SQ5 had the same 2 and then when it expired, it flipped to being available to being able to purchase/renew.

Looking at images of the same page on another forum for the e-tron, I can see the Light Function Package, Matrix Package and Park Assist existing here too. In the OPs case, it was on a October 2019 build E-tron.

I find it off even the connect features are not on there almost indicating as soon as the 3 year package expires, you cannot renew

I also know my lights for instance are FOD enabled - as per the VIN > Spec:
FP1 FOD Funktionen online verfügbar
Translated as "Features available online"

8G9 Vorbereitung Matrix-Beam für FOD Funktion 8IY
Translated as "Preparation of matrix beam for FOD function 8IY"

or from erwin:
Serial: 79
No: 8G9
Origin: VWGROUP
Family: LIA
Description: LED headlamps with preparation for further light functions

Serial: 79
No: 8G9
Origin: VWGROUP
Family: LIA
Description: LED headlamps with preparation for further light functions

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update, a TPI update (Software) to the car this morning has enabled function on demand for mine.
The only issue now is I only have Matrix Lights available and not what I ideally wanted first (currently) and thats the lighting package giving the dancing lights.
Dealer has opened a ticket, digital services state nothing is wrong and I should have it ... who knows.

TPI for those having the same issue is TPI 2059346/4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts