Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,397 Posts
....also, you cannot connect your etron to your home wifi. The car only connects via the Audi Cloud using the basic mobile data. If you upgrade your Audi Connect plan you can get more features, including being able to use the car as a wifi hotspot. Even then, though, you can ONLY connect TO the car, not have the car connect to some other data source.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Yeah that's what I feared, I'm a bit puzzled because on reddit I saw folks with some Audi PHEV who seem to be able to connect the car to the home WiFi.

As an alternative, I have the Audi Connect Charger (the one with the screen and advanced functions) which connects to my WiFi. Perhaps if it's connected to the car I can use it as a proxy to communicate with it, but I don't have much hope lol. Will test it out.

Btw I do have the hotspot (and it's usless imho), although I didn't upgrade Audi Connect - probably here in Europe things are a bit different.
Right. Things are packaged differently here in the US compared to EU. In the EU you used be at least be able to select your mobile provider for the car. Is that not the case? Here in the US you are locked into the mobile provider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts