Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading the manual looking for a way to connect the GT to my home wifi as the cellular network doesn't reach (so I can't see how it's charging or use any of the advanced functions) when I stumbled across this

Product Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Just.. why? It's the best place where to put all that stuff, what's the reason why Audi says not to do it?
And should I listen to them? :D

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure they mean the frunk here? I read it that you should not put it in the passenger seat or try to fit it in the small compartment in front of the passenger seat.

For me the charging cable even came in the frunk when I got the car!
Yep, pretty sure.
I had the same doubt so I searched “front compartment” in the manual, and it talks about refilling fluids & co.

Plus, this pic doesn’t leave room for doubts:
Automotive tire Font Electronic device Rectangle Auto part

so is it just some legal technicality or there’s actual risk? 😂😂

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....also, you cannot connect your etron to your home wifi. The car only connects via the Audi Cloud using the basic mobile data. If you upgrade your Audi Connect plan you can get more features, including being able to use the car as a wifi hotspot. Even then, though, you can ONLY connect TO the car, not have the car connect to some other data source.
Yeah that's what I feared, I'm a bit puzzled because on reddit I saw folks with some Audi PHEV who seem to be able to connect the car to the home WiFi.

As an alternative, I have the Audi Connect Charger (the one with the screen and advanced functions) which connects to my WiFi. Perhaps if it's connected to the car I can use it as a proxy to communicate with it, but I don't have much hope lol. Will test it out.

Btw I do have the hotspot (and it's usless imho), although I didn't upgrade Audi Connect - probably here in Europe things are a bit different.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got it all in the bag and in frunk. I put the bulky converter unit for 3 pin (UK) home plug socket charging and associated wires uner the shallow hidden compartment under the floor of ‘boot’ (trunk) where a spare tyre might normally sit. Fits pretty well. I then leave the other cable loose in bottom of Frunk. Hope thats not an issue too. Id be very surprised if they get compromised in cold weather as they work when in use in all seasons. Im down in audi friday with a GT technician to inspect some fault alerts im getting.
if you ask the technician could you please let us know what they say?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts