Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that if your car is powered on but in “Park”, the driver door will not unlock and let you out? I can pull on the door lever 10-20 times and it won’t let me out until I “power down the car. Seems like a small thing but is very odd for a car to do that. If it was in Drive, Reverse, Neutral I would understand but in Park? I should be able to get out to grab mail, get something out of my trunk, or even open the door to use a drive up ATM that I can’t quite reach with out opening the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that if your car is powered on but in “Park”, the driver door will not unlock and let you out? I can pull on the door lever 10-20 times and it won’t let me out until I “power down the car. Seems like a small thing but is very odd for a car to do that. If it was in Drive, Reverse, Neutral I would understand but in Park? I should be able to get out to grab mail, get something out of my trunk, or even open the door to use a drive up ATM that I can’t quite reach with out opening the door.
No one else has this issue? Probably the worst thing about this car.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
The door handle functionality is a bit odd, which appears to be by design. While in the vehicle, if you pull the handle partially, or even too slow, it performs a partial electronic unlock. Repeat again for it to fully open.

If you pull the handle normally, the mechanical unlock is triggered, and it opens like a normal door.

I suspect it has to do with the soft-close feature. Probably something they need to improve in the future. But for now, I got used to it pretty quickly. My passengers, not so much.

Although speaking of passengers, why is everybody programmed to slam doors? Even their own personal vehicles don't require it, yet they treat it like a vehicle from the 70's. Either way, it will become part of my brief coaching session for new riders. ;)

1. After entering the vehicle, close the door gently! Don't worry, if not closed all the way, it'll close itself.
2. When exiting, open door handle quicker than you're used to. If it doesn't open, repeat.
3. Please check pockets for anything sharp or containing ink.
4. Wash hands before entering the vehicle.

Believe it or not, I've requested folks wash hands before entering my vehicles forever. Especially after leaving a restaurant. Even when things return to "normal," I may keep facial cover a requirement as well. Yeah, I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

But then there is no question around "how do you keep your car so clean?." Easy: the same way people do. Avoid dirt and clean often. Sorry for the off-topic drift, carry on folks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Biggest problem we have is pushing on the door while quickly pulling on the interior handle. This jams it every time. you have to pull then handle and let the door unlatch before pushing on the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts