Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 5 33.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which drive select do you mostly use for Everyday driving amd why?

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
Efficiency is a slug, treacle mode
Comfort feels the same as auto but I assume there must be a difference
Dynamic I use rarely but occasionally

·
Registered
77 Posts
Efficiency for dual-carriageway or motorway cruising.
Comfort for cushioning the bumpy UK roads when carting the family about.
Dynamic when I'm on my own 😈.

Not getting a lot of playtime at the moment though, what with Covid-19!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi. I am enjoying Individual mode (Efficiency drive, Comfort suspension and Balanced steering) - works well for me on the roads I use daily. If I know I'm going on dual carriageway/motorway then I switch to Efficiency mode so the suspension drops to lowest level for a bit extra aero-dynamic help. If I see an opportunity to shoot off from lights etc, then a quick flick to Dynamic :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Efficiency on cross-country drives but Auto around town because I can't be arsed to try any other modes.

Reactions: Joe

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have been using the Individual (Custom) option. Can anyone point me to where I can get descriptions of how these various options differ? "Comfort" and "Sport" aren't even shown as standard Drive Select features. What's the difference between "Drive" and "Suspension"? (The Steering options, not shown, make sense to me)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been using the Individual (Custom) option. Can anyone point me to where I can get descriptions of how these various options differ? "Comfort" and "Sport" aren't even shown as standard Drive Select features. What's the difference between "Drive" and "Suspension"? (The Steering options, not shown, make sense to me)

View attachment 818
You've probably seen this in the manual, but I based my choices on these descriptions plus some testing and playing with the options to see what suspension level it rose/lowered to and how the throttle response was.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, I've seen that, but it is a pretty poor way of just laying out the facts. So much for German precision! For example, how do the heights of the car track with the different "suspension" options. "Efficiency" is listed as a drive mode, but "balanced" and "sport" are not--what do they mean? Is the "efficiency" listed in the custom screen the same as the "efficiency" in the Drive Select?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts