Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up our 2019 P+. Anyone else have these issues?:

1) Even though the sticker shows a deduction in price due to limited Driver's assistance pkg, no lane assistance due to no Lidar?
2) Also, we have to manually push the lock button since there is no "auto-lock" feature once you start driving(not in e-tron MMI but is in my 2019 A6 MMI...hmmmm).
3) "Preferred charging time" does not seem to work. The car continues to charge "outside" of the preferred charging time.

Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up our 2019 P+. Anyone else have these issues?:

1) Even though the sticker shows a deduction in price due to limited Driver's assistance pkg, no lane assistance due to no Lidar?
2) Also, we have to manually push the lock button since there is no "auto-lock" feature once you start driving(not in e-tron MMI but is in my 2019 A6 MMI...hmmmm).
3) "Preferred charging time" does not seem to work. The car continues to charge "outside" of the preferred charging time.

Any feedback would be great.
Did you ever get any information on this question? I have been looking at Etrons that also so deletions and don't understand the effect it would have on the assist package.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
137 Posts
Can't speak for them, but regarding #1 all the dealer could do for me was confirm lane keep and AAC were on the car. The systems are excellent though.
There is an "AI Assist" feature, which may or may not be included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't speak for them, but regarding #1 all the dealer could do for me was confirm lane keep and AAC were on the car. The systems are excellent though.
There is an "AI Assist" feature, which may or may not be included.
Thank you for the response. I have also found the dealers often don't know much about the individual packages. I have seen a lot of Etrons with the deletions and never can find a definitive answer on the effect.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
137 Posts
It might be that they didn’t need LIDAR and the deletion saved everyone money.

FWIW, The system in my view is better than Tesla’s Autopilot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I've garnered:

Lane Assist is part of the Driver's Assistance Package. Mid-year, Audi (in US) elected to give a line credit $2700 so that it was "free"

For the really lucky ones on Premium Plus (and on Prestige), Drivers Assistance PLUS package- which adds Adaptive Cruise Ctrl (ACC)- received a line credit $2700, + $150.

Lidar was removed mid-year, but all the Drivers Assist functions still work. Lidar seemed to be part of the move towards Audi's Autonomous Driver System, but wasn't ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts