Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Users of the Ionity network must pay £0.70/kWh unless their vehicle is manufactured by one of the companies in ownership of the Ionity network. Audi is one of those. We can benefit from a discounted rate of £0.28/kWh IF we subscribe to the Transit tarrif at ~£16 per month, minimum 12 months.
There's a cheaper tariff at £4 per month, no minimum term. The only difference with Transit being there's no discount on the Ionity chargers.

On both tariffs, the DC flat rate is £0.39/kWh, unless you're on Transit and using an Ionity charger, then it's £0.28/kWh as above.

I recently charged at an Instavolt charger, which are £0.35 per kWh across the board. I used 30kWh but was charged £11.71, not £10.50.

It seems the e-Charging Service will use its flat rate even when the DC charger is cheaper. I've not used any other DC chargers other than Ionity or Instavolt. Has anyone had a similar experience? I have mostly negative feelings about Audi's charging tariffs at the minute!

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
My limited experience of Ionity is terrible. Slow, unreliable, some broken and PAYG astonishingly expensive. And awful support. And by the way, filthy. Cambridge Services if anyone cares.

PAYG on Instavolt is fantastically better. The gold standard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Instavolt seems pretty good. New stations popping up regularly.

Most DC chargers seem to be contactless now. With a cheaper kWh than the Audi eCS tariffs.

Which begs the question, why spend the £16 per month (or even £5 per month) for the Audi charging service?

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
Well, I wouldn't subscribve but it may suit some users. Ionity may be better in Germany.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts