Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a e tron through a company scheme but it would need to be a 50 Technik because of the price,was wondering what options people would say is a must have and if anyone has a Technik with no additional options?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
69 Posts
Caveat: I am in the US and the trims are different.
There weren't any must-haves for my family's case, but we did the Cold Weather package, towing, and Driver Assistance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1: Are the virtual mirrors an option for you?
if so I love them. I can’t see me wanting a car without them. I drive my wife’s SQ5 and I find it feels old fashioned!
2: Pan roof
Colour wise. I have glacier white now. before that I had Daytona grey in the edition 1.
I really like the red one though, looks fantastic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 50 Technik arriving on Friday which has no options (although the dealer tells me Audi accidentally installed privacy glass). I'll be happy to answer any questions you have when it arrives.

I would say avoid the virtual mirrors - just read the anecdotes here and elsewhere about them failing. The reviewers all seem to hate them; seems like a £1,200 answer to the question that was on literally nobody's lips. There also seem to be lots of reports of water ingress through sunroofs. Probably best avoid that too.

I've heard a few people complain that the seats in the Technik are not very snug, so unless you're a larger person, maybe upgrade to Sport trim for the better seats if you can afford it.

If money were no object, personally I'd have picked the Bang & Olufsen sound system (Comfort & Sound has this, plus extended interior lighting which is nice, but I'm not sure I want the security risk of keyless entry). Comfort Preconditioning so you can remotely activate screen and seat heating in winter. If you are doing lots of motorway mileage, the Tour Pack might be worth it for the adaptive cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts