Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a e tron through a company scheme but it would need to be a 50 Technik because of the price,was wondering what options people would say is a must have and if anyone has a Technik with no additional options?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
101 Posts
Caveat: I am in the US and the trims are different.
There weren't any must-haves for my family's case, but we did the Cold Weather package, towing, and Driver Assistance.

·
Super Moderator
131 Posts
1: Are the virtual mirrors an option for you?
if so I love them. I can’t see me wanting a car without them. I drive my wife’s SQ5 and I find it feels old fashioned!
2: Pan roof
Colour wise. I have glacier white now. before that I had Daytona grey in the edition 1.
I really like the red one though, looks fantastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 50 Technik arriving on Friday which has no options (although the dealer tells me Audi accidentally installed privacy glass). I'll be happy to answer any questions you have when it arrives.

I would say avoid the virtual mirrors - just read the anecdotes here and elsewhere about them failing. The reviewers all seem to hate them; seems like a £1,200 answer to the question that was on literally nobody's lips. There also seem to be lots of reports of water ingress through sunroofs. Probably best avoid that too.

I've heard a few people complain that the seats in the Technik are not very snug, so unless you're a larger person, maybe upgrade to Sport trim for the better seats if you can afford it.

If money were no object, personally I'd have picked the Bang & Olufsen sound system (Comfort & Sound has this, plus extended interior lighting which is nice, but I'm not sure I want the security risk of keyless entry). Comfort Preconditioning so you can remotely activate screen and seat heating in winter. If you are doing lots of motorway mileage, the Tour Pack might be worth it for the adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I had a basic spec 50 Technik delivered on Wednesday in UK, also just brilliant black colour. Didn't make sense for me to increase monthly lease cost over 2 years for someone else to then drive off with all the added toys I've been paying for. For £330 a month via salary sacrifice, I think I've got a good deal as a Tesla 3 was £550. I'd maybe have gone for the adaptive cruise package, but I like to drive the car and probably won't do long distances other than a few UK holidays and nothing like US road trips. Happy so far after 175 miles, lovely quiet & well built cabin space, plenty of room everywhere, love the screens and the exterior tail light strip. Also put it in S and Dynamic and hold on to your lunch, regardless of what anyone says it's fast enough for a big car. Enjoy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s a great price who is your salary sacrifice supplier, we’re with Tusker and 3 year deal 10,000 miles no extras coming in at £500

Hi. I had a basic spec 50 Technik delivered on Wednesday in UK, also just brilliant black colour. Didn't make sense for me to increase monthly lease cost over 2 years for someone else to then drive off with all the added toys I've been paying for. For £330 a month via salary sacrifice, I think I've got a good deal as a Tesla 3 was £550. I'd maybe have gone for the adaptive cruise package, but I like to drive the car and probably won't do long distances other than a few UK holidays and nothing like US road trips. Happy so far after 175 miles, lovely quiet & well built cabin space, plenty of room everywhere, love the screens and the exterior tail light strip. Also put it in S and Dynamic and hold on to your lunch, regardless of what anyone says it's fast enough for a big car. Enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s a great price who is your salary sacrifice supplier, we’re with Tusker and 3 year deal 10,000 miles no extras coming in at £500
Also with Tusker but ordered mine 10th March just before the government removed the grant for vehicles worth over £50k. Just luck really.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@RichieT I don't know if you've ordered yet, but I would say the remote comfort pre-conditioning is a must. My Technik came only with the standard pre-conditioning, which means you can set climate control from the MyAudi app to heat your car before you jump in in the winter, or cool it in the summer (preferably while plugged in to a charger).

The standard function just uses the previously used climate control setting . e.g. if the last time you drove was a sunny afternoon, you might have had a cool setting. This cool setting is what the MyAudi app will use if you turn on climate control from the app.

The remote pre-conditioning option allows you to set the climate control temp from the app. Its a £100 add-on from factory. I'm booked in next week at the dealer for something else, but I'll see if this can be retrospectively added.

Also be aware the car does not come with roof rails and there are currently no options to fit roof bars to this car without them. Might be an option you'd want to add. Or have the factory towbar option added £650.

There is another alloy wheel option on the Technik, can't recall the name, but they are a little more aero and give a few more miles of range (literally 2 or 3 miles).

·
Registered
52 Posts
@RichieT

The remote pre-conditioning option allows you to set the climate control temp from the app. Its a £100 add-on from factory. I'm booked in next week at the dealer for something else, but I'll see if this can be retrospectively added.
The Audi dealership I use confirm this can NOT be added retrospectively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts