Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Taking delivery of 50 Technik this month and just trying to get an understanding if you can charge on a type 2 22kW charger although it states the vehicle is Type 2 11kW? Is the 22kW charger just an indication of the max available?

Any guidance appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
22KW is possible if you have two on-board chargers - one on the left and one on the right
each will accept 11KW for 22 KW total

this is an option for etron, check if you have two chargers in your vehicle

you’ll need to have two l2 chargers at your house to take advantage of this feature

·
Registered
52 Posts
The car will only draw what it can, the charger shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Greig

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
115 Posts
The e-tron in the UK will charge at an AC 22kW charger but will pull a maximum of 11kW.
You cannot use both charge ports on the car at once to double up to 22kW. The port door will only open on one side at a time, preventing the other side being accessed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The e-tron in the UK will charge at an AC 22kW charger but will pull a maximum of 11kW.
You cannot use both charge ports on the car at once to double up to 22kW. The port door will only open on one side at a time, preventing the other side being accessed.
That explains it! Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
115 Posts
No problem, glad to be of some use :)

I'm afraid I spent longer than I ought to have thinking my etron could charge at even the higher speed 43kW AC chargers! The penny dropped one time when a 22kW charger was taking ages to charge me up ha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My E-tron 50 has charged at 75kwh at the BP garage next to Heathrow.
50% charge in 29 mins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts