Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Dec 2020 I joined the Recurrent Battery Health project. The goal is to develop a data base for car-specific battery health that EV an Reseller can use to predict the health of the battery in a used EV. This month is the first time the report offered predictions for my 2019 E Tron Quattro SUV regarding what range my car would get it different ambient temps; 32F, 72F, 100F:

Basically, I lose 10% when ambient drops from 72F to 32F; 2.5%, when ambient increases from 72F to 100F

·
Registered
424 Posts
To only incur a 10% drop in range from 72 to 32 degrees is extraordinarily good. The 2 BEVs I’ve owned, as well as others I’ve seen reviewed, fared far worse than that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my May Recurrent Battery report. More data of course, but the estimated Range vs Temp now is actually exceeding the 204 mi EPA rating for my 2019. The battery is holding up really well over time as well, steadily moving to near the top of the range shown for comparable vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
my 21" wheel eTron still still reports max 199 :mad:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Jaguar has an interesting range calculator that shows you the impact of wheel size, temperature, highway/local driving etc. It’s for an I-Pace, but the deltas you can play with can offer some insight into most EVs.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
60 Posts
How do you create the battery report you made @JNealCox ?
Recurrent, which tracks the history of your battery. Note, it tracks the GOM's range estimate, which isn't very useful as it varies as driving and weather changes.

Also, you only see the most recent month.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
However, the Range estimates are cumulative, the idea being that over a long time the fluctuations in the GOM estimates, etc, will average out to give you pretty realistic estimates of the inherent range. What I am still uncertain about is what they include in "Comparable Vehicles" in comparing battery health.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Visit the site "Recurrentauto.com" for info on the battery monitoring program. They are still looking for e tron vehicles, I think.
So I got an invite from them , but for some strange reason its just not connecting to myaudi account. I have checked the username and password several times. Is there anything I need to do on the audi side to allow this to work? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
Recurrent, which tracks the history of your battery. Note, it tracks the GOM's range estimate, which isn't very useful as it varies as driving and weather changes.

Also, you only see the most recent month.

View attachment 2125
View attachment 2126
I'd be happy if my eTron got 214. Last 2 Recurrent reports were 199. At the dealer, they got 192 with AC off. 184 with AC Econ and Seat Ventilation on.

Right now, 134 with 72% SOC. Disappointing. (134/.72=186)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I got an invite from them , but for some strange reason its just not connecting to myaudi account. I have checked the username and password several times. Is there anything I need to do on the audi side to allow this to work? Thanks in advance.
You know, I vaguely recall having some issue with getting it to sign in. As I recall, I may have logged out and then back in to my MyAudi account on my phone, and then got it to register. (With all the app issues, I hesitate to advise anyone to log out of their MyAudi account...you may never get back in! LOL). You might check the Recurrent website for a "help" contact...they may be having problems on their end.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Audi auto logged me out, now I can't get in at all or register on recurrant.. what a joke.

You know, I vaguely recall having some issue with getting it to sign in. As I recall, I may have logged out and then back in to my MyAudi account on my phone, and then got it to register. (With all the app issues, I hesitate to advise anyone to log out of their MyAudi account...you may never get back in! LOL). You might check the Recurrent website for a "help" contact...they may be having problems on their end.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Audi auto logged me out, now I can't get in at all or register on recurrant.. what a joke.
Yes, I think something is going on. I found I could not get the app to connect to my car. I can't log in to my MyAudi account on my PC either. I wonder if this has something to do the the big Audi security breach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts