Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e-torn charger only do 50% 18.4A or 100% 36.8A.

My 240V breaker is 30A.

I am hoping I can set charging at around 24A-26A. Is there a way I can set custom charging speed/Amp?

·
Super Moderator
137 Posts
My e-torn charger only do 50% 18.4A or 100% 36.8A.

My 240V breaker is 30A.

I am hoping I can set charging at around 24A-26A. Is there a way I can set custom charging speed/Amp?
From the vehicle or app, you will only be able to set a charge limit. You can't manually specify the amperage. It will take all the amperage the charger will give it, up to the limits of the vehicle and plug type. I've got a JuiceBox EVSE, which lets you specify the exact amperage you want. Then you can safely leave 20% overhead for the breaker, as you are trying to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the vehicle or app, you will only be able to set a charge limit. You can't manually specify the amperage. It will take all the amperage the charger will give it, up to the limits of the vehicle and plug type. I've got a JuiceBox EVSE, which lets you specify the exact amperage you want. Then you can safely leave 20% overhead for the breaker, as you are trying to do.
Thanks. I will check on Juicebox charger or upgrade my breaker to 40A.

·
Super Moderator
137 Posts
Thanks. I will check on Juicebox charger or upgrade my breaker to 40A.
There are other good chargers as well, the JuiceBox is just rather popular with lots of features. And if you do upgrade the breaker, be sure to consult an electrician to make sure the wiring and panel can support the extra current. And if you want to get a full 40A charging, you'll actually want a 50A breaker. More reasons to check with the pros. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts