Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have had to take my e-tron in 3 times for central locking malfunction error. On 3rd visit, the software update finally solved the problem. Each time the dealer in SEA has kept my car for 3-4 days. I do get a loaner but still a hassle and I'm supposed to replace the gas each time.. LOL

The only other issue I've had is an intermittent "license plate bulb failure-see owner's manual" that the dealer has not been able to fix Anyone else have/had this problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only other issue I've had is an intermittent "license plate bulb failure-see owner's manual" that the dealer has not been able to fix Anyone else have/had this problem?
I have not had this issue, but I've seen other posts that state it relates to the windshield washer fluid being low.
Super weird, but try topping off your washer fluid reservoir!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not had this issue, but I've seen other posts that state it relates to the windshield washer fluid being low.
There very well could be a link as I've experienced "low washer fluid" message as well. Topping it off did not prevent message from coming back a few days later. I believe there was a software fix for this that was applied. The light bulb failure message has gone away again for now. The dealer will hopefully have a permanent fix when I take the car in for its first scheduled service later this year. Still love driving my e-tron!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My UK e-tron was registered in April 2019 and am having following issues:
  • iPhone/Apple watch app so unreliable it is unusable: says charging when car is uplugged, says not charging when it is, says doors unlocked when they are locked, remote air con activation only works one in every several attempts, and refreshing status always takes several minutes (to serve up incorrect info). Frequently the Watch and iPhone apps disagree with each other e.g. one says charging and the other says not.
  • Have had random error/disabled messages on street sign recognition and pre-sense
  • Parking sensors respond to things that are not there
  • Issues opening the doors ... rear passenger doors not opening despite car in Park and unlock button on driver's side door pressed
  • Apple Carplay intermittently refuses to start ... press the carplay button, the screen goes blank then crashes back to the home screen ... keeps doing it no matter how many attempts ... seems to happen when there are two bluetooth phones paired
The car is brilliant to drive, and the interior quality is outstanding, but I am a bit shocked at the lack of software quality control ... seems like the software engineers at Audi are nowhere near as good as the guys designing the hardware. And I feel lucky to have not suffered from some of the many issues noted above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in New Orleans and work in Baton Rouge (about 70 miles apart). I’m pretty heavy footed but make it back with driving around in town on one charge with ease. Looove the car. BUT:
I’ve become VERY frustrated with the “rear tailight light” and “license plate light” coming on. Have taken it to both Audi Baton Rouge and Audi NOLA and neither has fixed it. Emailed Audi about it and supposedly it’s a software issue that “will be fixed this time” when I take it back in tomorrow. Also, I’ve had to replace the washer fluid like 10 times. It genuinely is low when the light comes on. And I don’t use it. Audi says this may be a function of the automatic cruise control sensor cleaning, but this doesn’t make sense to me. And Does anyone else’s etron have a puddle of fluid leaking from the bottom of the car after use? Doesn’t seem abnormal for a car but with no gas use, where is this fluid coming from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
JB 2019 E-1 etron. You are describing EXACTLY the problems I was having with my etron which I purchased last December. Your dealer is mistaken. I found my washer resevoir going empty VERY quickly. Find a knowlegeable Etron technician at your dealer. In fact, there is a software upgrade to fix the washer fluid problem. Before the update, mine was dispensing (they said) about 10 times the amount of fluid that is should be dispensing. After the update, I noticed when I use the wipers now the amount of fluid coming out is significantly less. I assume that lower flow is experienced in the "sensor cleaning" as well. I did not have any fluid leak problem, though. It may be that your car is squirting cups of fluid when it cleans the sensor.

On the taillight/plate warnings, I had those start to happen, also. Have you observed the function of your tailight? I found that intermittently the light strip was doing funky things...half of it flickering sometimes, half not turning on. I was also having trouble with my backup camera randomly producing a blank video feed when I switched into Reverse. I took it into my Audi dealer here in Oregon and described the problems. I told them I was particularly concerned with the safety of the car not knowing what the tailight was doing and having my backup camera go blank at night in the rain---try looking behind you in this car!

My dealer would not allow me to drive my car away. They kept it and ordered an entire "Taillight Assembly Module", which had to be shipped from Germany. It took over three weeks (partly due to shipping delays due to COVID-19), but I finally got my car back with the new module and, what they said, was a "bunch" of software updates. I have not had any problems since. The car in general has acted a lot less buggy. (Knock on wood!) Like you, I really enjoy driving the car and the fit and finish is excellent!

·
Registered
30 Posts
As for liquid on the ground? Did you smell it? Is it water? If so, do you use your AC...it could be condensate from the outside of the condenser (sweating) just dripping off the outside if it is really hot and/or humid (and you are in NOLA, so I am guessing it is (at least more so than Seattle (where the rain gets in the way sometimes but it is mostly dry except when it is winter time)...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts