Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post of a few I reckon, considering my car is in build/shipment due on the 1st March I am sure more questions will come when its physical.

I stumbled across a video on youtube, demonstrating the e-tron making a spaceship noise at low speeds. Is this real or fake. (I cannot find anymore articles on this subject)

I want to say the answer is for my 15 year old son, but I would be lying...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Oilburner, welcome to the forum. The UK version of the E-tron doesn't have the spaceship noise. I think this may be a legal requirement in the States for warning pedestrians.

·
Registered
Audi e-tron Sportback 55 Launch edition
39 Posts
My e-tron is a U.K. spec launch edition SB and does make the spaceship noise the reverse is different to the drive noise and stops when above a certain speed think it’s 30mph.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello all,

First post of a few I reckon, considering my car is in build/shipment due on the 1st March I am sure more questions will come when its physical.

I stumbled across a video on youtube, demonstrating the e-tron making a spaceship noise at low speeds. Is this real or fake. (I cannot find anymore articles on this subject)

I want to say the answer is for my 15 year old son, but I would be lying...
The noise you referred comes as standard on the UK e-tron to keep people safe from being run over by a dead silent car. My e-tron arrived early Jan and it sends out the sound at low speeds.

Your son will love it and it turns more heads than a grumbling exhaust on an ICE car 👍

·
Registered
360 Posts
What trim did you go for? any extras?

When did you place your order?

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
My 2020 etron doesn't have the noise, which surprised me as my 2015 Outlander PHEV did have the spaceship noise (with a handy button on the dash to turn it off).

I had assumed it was an EU requirement from 2015 or earlier but from other posts on here the UK etrons haven't come equipped with the external speakers until recently.

·
Registered
360 Posts
demonstrating the e-tron making a spaceship noise at low speeds.
Cant wait although I think the wife will start getting annoyed the 100th time I sit in the car and before pressing the start button shout out the window "FIVE, FOUR, THREE,......"

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
61 Posts
More like the 2nd time.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
Sounds like K.I.T.T.

Reactions: Oilburner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What trim did you go for? any extras?

When did you place your order?
Its going to be my company car - to keep in the price bracket I opted for the 50 Technik with C & S pack. I also added a few little extras like the pre conditioning and the welly boot storage - my wife is vile in cars and mud gets everywhere.

Colour is STD black with the cream interior.

Final mod will be to have the wheels painted black, not 100% on this but its a maybe, I need to see the car physically.

Just had a note shipping is delayed by a week...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Its going to be my company car - to keep in the price bracket I opted for the 50 Technik with C & S pack. I also added a few little extras like the pre conditioning and the welly boot storage - my wife is vile in cars and mud gets everywhere.

Colour is STD black with the cream interior.

Final mod will be to have the wheels painted black, not 100% on this but its a maybe, I need to see the car physically.

Just had a note shipping is delayed by a week...
Sounds close to what I have ordered, when did you place your order?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just before Christmas, lead-time was important due to the BIK legislation change April 6th
WOW that was quick - I ordered 1 October and still have not got a confirmed build date week. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW that was quick - I ordered 1 October and still have not got a confirmed build date week. LOL
[/QUOT
A Straight factory order is up to 4 months lead-time. The dealer I used had a spec amendable pipeline vehicle which I took advantage of. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
ah ok - so it was already in the order process :D

Sounds like how I got the Volvo I have now :D

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
796 Posts
lead times for factory orders have been extended due to chipset and battery lead times being pushed back ... no wonder it takes longer than expected.

·
Registered
360 Posts
lead times for factory orders have been extended due to chipset and battery lead times being pushed back ... no wonder it takes longer than expected.
I know - complete shortage of chips everywhere - sadly though its got to the stage now that if I dont get a confirmed build week very soon I will be cancelling as need to order something in stock as need car by end of April at absolute latest.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts