Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am on the same boat with ID.4. I originally was planning to get one and I am on the verge of inking deal to get very low mile Edition One etron instead for similar money. I think it is a no-brainer. Not new, for sure, but at least I love the color and it looks way better than ID.4 ever will.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its going to be my company car - to keep in the price bracket I opted for the 50 Technik with C & S pack. I also added a few little extras like the pre conditioning and the welly boot storage - my wife is vile in cars and mud gets everywhere.

Colour is STD black with the cream interior.

Final mod will be to have the wheels painted black, not 100% on this but its a maybe, I need to see the car physically.

Just had a note shipping is delayed by a week...
Sounds like your car is similar to mine - except i had virtual mirrors and upgraded wheels and glass..... Its proving to be a great colour, trim and spec combo. You'll love it👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Although I never see it mentioned - and I look! I think there are two sounds, one via external speaker to warn pedestrians and another interior to "enhance" the feel of the car. I understand and accept the need to warn pedestrians, but I would like to be able to turn off the interior acceleration/deceleration whrrrr. It's not terrible but I would prefer the ability to have quiet inside the car. Are others experiencing this? Is there a way to turn off the internal whrrr? This is on a US 2019/Prestige/Oct 19 build. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although I never see it mentioned - and I look! I think there are two sounds, one via external speaker to warn pedestrians and another interior to "enhance" the feel of the car. I understand and accept the need to warn pedestrians, but I would like to be able to turn off the interior acceleration/deceleration whrrrr. It's not terrible but I would prefer the ability to have quiet inside the car. Are others experiencing this? Is there a way to turn off the internal whrrr? This is on a US 2019/Prestige/Oct 19 build. Thanks.
The pedestrian warning sound (AVAS) is standard on MY2021 e-tron and is produced by an actuator (speaker) mounted in the front of the car. The sound can only be heard on the outside (unless you have the windows open). When the windows are shut you hear nothing at the inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pedestrian warning sound (AVAS) is standard on MY2021 e-tron and is produced by an actuator (speaker) mounted in the front of the car. The sound can only be heard on the outside (unless you have the windows open). When the windows are shut you hear nothing at the inside.
Thank you. On my 2019 there is definitely an electronic sound on the inside that changes with acceleration or deceleration. Not sure if it is the 2021 year or your EU model. The sound is not awful, but I would like to get rid of it and I was hoping I could do so without messing up the AVAS - which I think is a good thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only sound inside I can hear is the electric motor. Do you have any way to record that?
Didn't think about that but I'll try. I think I made a similar decision to you in getting a low mileage E-Tron at a good price. I really don't think the sound is the electric motor, but rather a piped in version of what an electric motor "would sound like".

·
Registered
62 Posts
It might be the case, it is very unobtrusive as far as I am concerned.

I am still learning the ins and outs of the car. A ton of options to play with

·
Registered
62 Posts
A quick educational question (since I am unable to find this information anywhere) - has anybody found a way to change the vehicle movement sound or disable it altogether?

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
84 Posts
A quick educational question (since I am unable to find this information anywhere) - has anybody found a way to change the vehicle movement sound or disable it altogether?
In the US, it's against the law to disable.

Reactions: mmmzon
21 - 32 of 32 Posts