Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi has finally released some official performance specs for the upcoming E-Tron. The car will have two electric motors, with a combined output of 355hp and 413lb-ft of torque. Apparently this high level of performance will be on tap for roughly 60 seconds. When put into S mode, the car will call up an additional 35kW of power and will boost torque to 490 for roughly 8 seconds. In this mode the E-Tron will do the 0-60 sprint in less than 6 seconds.

According to the WLTP test cycle, the car will have an estimated maximum driving range of 248 miles. A key component to that figure is its strong regenerative braking system, which accounts for up to 30% of that range. These confirmed figures do seem to indicate that the E-Tron will fall short of rivals like the new I-Pace.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This still leaves me concerned about how an E-Tron full size sedan will perform because at this rate they will need to scale things even further.

Lucky for us a Rolls Royce electric will launch before, giving Audi somewhat of a benchmark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A dedicated cooling and heating system should improve performance and the E-Tron is heavy being 5290 lbs or 2400 Kg. Granted these aren't production specs. I am disappointed in the lacking in HP to 335. The drop in the third motor must be for weight. I don't think it was cost. Tesla X is 5531 Lbs or 2509 Kg. Looks too much like a whale. Only my opinion. Pricing will be a big factor for sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The range is a little less than I was hoping for, and substantially lower than Jaguars EV. While 40 miles may not seem like a whole lot its important to keep in mind the additional drop we'll see during winter months. Output numbers are decent, but they're going to have a tough time charging more than rivals based on badge alone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of the E-Trons range seems to be dependent upon its regenerative braking system. It seems to be much more efficient at generating power for the battery, than what we've seen from rivals like Jag and Tesla.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A lot of the E-Trons range seems to be dependent upon its regenerative braking system. It seems to be much more efficient at generating power for the battery, than what we've seen from rivals like Jag and Tesla.
Apparently up to 30% of power can be fed back into the system which if you ask most owners is what they need during day to day commutes. As long as a system does that and help users optimize and prioritize home charging, these products are clear winners. Anything more is a bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts